• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

revenant warforged componant/embed question

hipnotode

First Post
another question; basically can revenant warforged use attached components/embed components? it seams a bit silly that just because theyve raised from the dead they cant use there old equipment, but i see nothing there saying they can. do they have to take the self-forged PP to achieve this?

many thanks in advance,
-hip

Mentat55

First Post
Unfortunately, the requirement for attached components is that the wielder must have the living construct racial quality. I do not think the revenant's Past Life quality helps with that.

hipnotode

First Post
so un-living constructs not getting components means revenant warforged cant get till 16, more metal than flesh's specific trumping general.
or theres a level 17 ring that lets you.
i was more hoping that to be able to at a lower level though. can anyone think of another way to gain ability to attach components? maybe a heritage feat or something that changes/ads a keyword...

[edit: i think i was thinking of bloodline feats]

Klaus

First Post
another question; basically can revenant warforged use attached components/embed components? it seams a bit silly that just because theyve raised from the dead they cant use there old equipment, but i see nothing there saying they can. do they have to take the self-forged PP to achieve this?

many thanks in advance,
-hip
You have to keep in mind that the warforged revenant is no longer in his original body. It's like C3PO died and came back as Brandon Lee in The Crow. Only the soul remains the same.

hipnotode

First Post
You have to keep in mind that the warforged revenant is no longer in his original body. It's like C3PO died and came back as Brandon Lee in The Crow. Only the soul remains the same.

oh okay, i was picturing a warforged, but its wood paneling rotting off, and broken mechanical parts inside showing that where struggling to work ect.
somehow it being just the soul of a worforged isnt so cool.
oh well. thanks for the clarification anyway.

Klaus

First Post
oh okay, i was picturing a warforged, but its wood paneling rotting off, and broken mechanical parts inside showing that where struggling to work ect.
Yeah, the revenant isn't quite what's advertised in the can. I'm not too keen on any race coming back as Brandon Lee, but that's what it is. I have my own take on why they look like they do, though.

Mentat55

First Post

I think you could totally go with that image. After all, some Eberron sourcebook introduced the idea of undead "woeforged" (what a woefully terrible name).

You could then imagine that the reason the attached or embedded components do not work is that something fundamental has changed in the warforged, whether it be the magic that gave rise to the warforged originally or the soul bound to the construct body, such that the components, while they do attach, do not function.

spayne

First Post
Even with the False Blood Amulet you cannot use some of the warforged components.

The items that say "Special: Only a warforged character can use this item." are not usable. Revenant only makes you count as a warforged for meeting prerequisites, not for other purposes such as this Special: line.

Remove ads