• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reviews problem

I'm attempting to post a review, but when I clicked on "Submit Review" I received a blank page with the following : "Error executing query -"
Now I cannot even et back to the review page to try again. Is there a problem with the reviews database? Or is this something on my end?

Weird. I can see the review and get to the reviews pages in IE, but cannot even get back to the main reviews page in Firefox, which is what I used to post the review in the first place.

Also, how do I edit the review? The FAQ says to use the "Edit" button, but I cannot finds an edit button anywhere on the page. :\

Last edited:

Michael Morris said:
Seems fine to me.

Well, thats nice and all, but it still doesn't answer the two questions I had.

1. Why could I post the review from Firefox, but now cannot even access the reviews page? It works fine in IE, and worked fine in Firefox for months until I went and posted this review.

2. Where is the edit button for the review? there is a formatting error that I want to fix, but cannot find the button anywhere.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
I can't answer your first question, but to answer the second question, at the bottom of your review there should be a line with the type of product, price, page count, and format, followed by a little picture of a printer and a little image of a pen & paper. If you click on the image of the pen & paper, it should let you edit the review.

Nick

Kajamba Lion said:
at the bottom of your review there should be a line with the type of product, price, page count, and format, followed by a little picture of a printer and a little image of a pen & paper. If you click on the image of the pen & paper, it should let you edit the review.

Hmm. I have the printer, but no pen & paper to click on.
:confused:

I don't know if this makes any difference, but my name is showing up at various times on the user log in line as Cthulhu\'s Librarian, Cthulhu\\'s Librarian, and Cthulhu\\\'s Librarian. It also logs me out almost every time I refresh the page. Also, on the left hand menu under "Main Menu" it says My Reviews (1), but when I click that link, it logs me out and goes to a page that says "Reviews by Cthulhu\\\\\\\'s Librarian (0 reviews)"

While I'm trying to figure this out, can someone who has the ability to edit please go into the review and edit the last paragraph so the only text in italics is the title Temples & Shrines?

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
:eek: That's beyond me, to be honest. Might want to ask one of the Reviews moderators to take a look at that.

Nick

Crothian

First Post
Okay, few things. First when ever I log in I always have to log in twice as the first time never takes. So, I'm not sure if everyone has to do that but its always been that way for me.

Second, I tried to edit your review but it doesn't want to take. I can get to the edit screen and make the edit but when when I enter it into the system it gives me a blank review and nothing changes in your review.

I have no idea why you get the variations on the name,. I've never seen or heard of that happening before.

So, thanks Rich...you broke it!! :D ;)

Crothian said:
Second, I tried to edit your review but it doesn't want to take. I can get to the edit screen and make the edit but when when I enter it into the system it gives me a blank review and nothing changes in your review.

I have no idea why you get the variations on the name,. I've never seen or heard of that happening before.

So, thanks Rich...you broke it!! :D ;)

Grrrrrr :mad:

I bet it has something to do with the fact that I have an ' in the middle of my user name, since thats where the name problem occurs. It's probably not recognizing the name when it throws the slashes into the name as non-alphanumeric characters. Other message boards sometimes won't accept my name, and I have to go with Cthulhus Librarian instead.

Maybe I should just create a new account without the ', and repost the review from that name? Do you think you'd be able to delete this review at that point, or would we end up with 2 of the same reviews by me under different names?

Remove ads