• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Revised GSL on the way

Vigilance

Explorer
So, is there really much need for it?

Given that the company I work for has no inclination to go 4e "rogue", and no inclination to use the GSL as it currently stands, then for me personally, there's a need for a better GSL, because then RPGO might actually release some 4e product.

Voadam

Legend
Just to clarify, it's my understanding that Goodman is indeed using the GSL for all new 4E products sold after October 1.

Incorrect. Only for certain 4e products after October 1. They generally say on their product page whether they are planned for under the GSL or not. Several have been released without the GSL (including all of their current 4e DCCs).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm......For some reason I can't get to this list even when I re-login?

If you're getting the cookies cleared message, simply login immediately at the top right of the screen and hit the wiki link at the top of the page. once you've done it once, you should be fine from then on.

Can you tell me what it is under and the title?

Sorry - I don't understand the question? :)

ruemere

Adventurer
So, anybody think we'll actually see this new GSL before Paizo gets the Pathfinder RPG out?

It's a bit late for revised GSL, don't you think? Most publishers had to make their plans already, so any revision is unlikely to make any significant positive changes now.

Regards,
Ruemere

It's a bit late for revised GSL, don't you think? Most publishers had to make their plans already, so any revision is unlikely to make any significant positive changes now.

Regards,
Ruemere

Late yes, too late, not. No publisher plans for an eternity, so if the current possibly non-GSL product pipeline is through, they can go to a revised GSL product line.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Scott Rouse said elsewhere that it should be out this week.

As to its effect - I suppose it depends on what it says.

The d20 "boom" happened in the 2nd-3rd years of 3E, IIRC (2001-2002), so anything is possible.

The only company I know, however, that it will have a significant impact on currently is Necromancer Games.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads