Revised Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth Coming Soon...

Thulcondar said:
What is so hard to understand about not wanting to see something change (aside from legitimate rules changes) just because the rules change? Because now there are prestige classes, does that mean that Iggwilv's lair all of a sudden has different rooms and levels? That makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, you're certainly welcome to like, or not like, whatever you wish. I'm not contesting that.

I just don't see how a new version of Tsojcanth--again, assuming there are even any changes--makes any difference. In 2nd edition, they published "Return to" versions of classic modules that made changes to Keep on the Borderlands and White Plume Mountain, and of course there's 3E's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. None of 'em prevent me, or you, or anyone from making use of the originals as though those changes never took place.

I don't see new versions of these modules as really making any fundamental changes to Greyhawk as a setting. They're just different interpretations, and I don't think the presence of one makes the older version any more or less "canonical."

After all, the new Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is a new version of the original module, completely ignoring the existance of Ravenloft as an independent setting. That doesn't negate the existence of that setting, or make the original module more or less "real" than the setting that followed. Just a different interpretation, 'sall.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
ColonelHardisson said:
Because some people want other people to have fun exactly like they have fun, or have no fun at all.

Because most people want other people to have fun exactly the way they tell them to have fun, or have no fun at all.

grodog

Hero
thedungeondelver said:
Well. If nothing else this news has inspired me to run Lost Tsojconth at the Lake Geneva Gaming Convention. See you all this June!

Hey DD, if you change it up a bit, I'll play :D

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
grodog said:
Hey DD, if you change it up a bit, I'll play :D

We'll see. I may mix in elements of S4 back into the original. How much? I won't say. :D

But for sure I'll have a homebrew dungeon crawl with which I shall use a great deal of minis and Dwarven Forge so if'n you don't find yourself wanting to revisit the ol' Tsojconth caverns, jump in on that one.

Pbartender

First Post
Thulcondar said:
Except when they change the original in the process of upgrading. New levels, new rooms, etc.

Do try to read the posts before you respond.

You should try the same...

As I posted above, most of the changes to the free modules are minimal, at best. And the changes can simply be ignored.

If you are already playing 1st ed., then there's no point in bothering to convert the new converted modules back into 1st ed. or whatever... Just use the originals, and quit your grousing.

Remove ads