• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Revision of dirty fighting

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
My DM and I have concluded that the original dirty fighting from sword and fist is a piece of crap, so we decided that this feat gives you +1d6 sneak attack. Even if you did not have sneak attack prior to taking this feat you still can the sneak attack dice. This feat can only be taken once.

ichabod

Legned
What I did was make another feat, Improved Dirty Fighting. It gave you +1d4 to all attacks. I figured this made it slightly better than weapon specialization, but instead of requiring four levels of fighter, it requires two feats.

Take a look at the DD FAQ. You can download it from the WOtC website if I am correct.
P 72 of the FAQ you have an Improved Dirty Fighting feat.
Prerequisite BAB +6, Dirty Fighting
As Dirty fighting except than damages are based upon your BAB and can go up to +5d4

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
TheFlamingRheo said:
My DM and I have concluded that the original dirty fighting from sword and fist is a piece of crap, so we decided that this feat gives you +1d6 sneak attack. Even if you did not have sneak attack prior to taking this feat you still can the sneak attack dice. This feat can only be taken once.

This is exactly what I did, although I also gave it a BAB 3+ prereq, to ensure that rogues were always best at sneak attacks at low level.

Works fine, I've been using it like this for over a year now.

(I think the "errata" versions of improved dirty fighting were just as much rubbish as the first one, for the same reason...)

Cheers

Remove ads