Revisiting Leadership.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I'd agree on both of those points.

However, I started this, so I don't think I can vote.

And I don't think Leadership is a Gyp, as an extra set of hands is fairly invaluable, but we're talking about a game where your followers are a non-issue, and a GM can simply handwave your cohort out of a game, so I don't see it as as much of an issue as it might otherwise be.
Actually, Rae just started a new thread with his proposal--you can vote in that. Of course, I haven't seen a fourth judge weighing in, so that is still shy of at least one vote.

Someone

Adventurer
Another weird thing about leadership is that the main character almost always started his career at level 1, but the sidekick will very likely start his adventuring life much more advanced that that.

orsal

LEW Judge
Someone said:
Another weird thing about leadership is that the main character almost always started his career at level 1, but the sidekick will very likely start his adventuring life much more advanced that that.

Not necessarily -- just the part of his life that we play out. You can always suppose the cohort was an adventurer for years before meeting the leader.

Velmont

First Post
Someone said:

Hogarth have started at level 5, but he was a 42 years old man (he is now less than 20, thanks to Deck of Many Things). He has stayed in his island during his 42 years, isolated from teh world, but that doesn't mean he couldn't learn a few things.

Also, I think it is a good thing for people to get NPC as cohort, because of that. It makes character with background, flavor and personality and you have less chance to have a mindless cohort following you.

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
Vanitri's cohort, if he were to pick one up, would have a masters from the Accademy of Chromatic Order, and have already adventured with Vanitri before.

Remove ads