Revitalizing Battle Frames

Voila!

<center><table border=2 width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 bgcolor=#000000 bordercolor=#0000ff><tr><td align=center valign=top colspan=2 bgcolor=#0000ff><font color=#333333 size=4 face=verdana><b><i>Super Fighter</i></b></font></td></tr><tr><td align=left valign=top width=73% bgcolor=#009900><font color=#222222 size=2 face=verdana>!!Flavor Text!!</font></td><td align=center valign=top width=27% bgcolor=#009900><font color=#000000 size=2.5 face=courier><P align=left><b>Round:</b> Put round Here
<b>Current Hits:</b> Put current hits here
<b>Total Hits:</b> Put total hits here</font></td></tr><tr><td align=center valign=top colspan=8 bgcolor=#999999><font color=#000000 size=4 face=verdana>!!Random Move!!</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left valign=top width=73% bgcolor=#999900><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana><b>Experience:</b> Put experience here
<b>Saved Experience</b>: Put saved experience here
<b>Base Hits:</b> Put base hits here
<b>Yen:</b> Put yen here
<b>Possessions</b>: Put possessions here
<b>Tournament Record:</b> Wins-Losses
</td><td align=left valign=top width=27% bgcolor=#999900><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana><b>ABILITIES</b>:
Abilities here
And here</font></td></tr></table></center>

To make your own, DL the code from one of the documents below. Edit-or just go here, d'oh!: http://geocities.com/graydoom/yba/ybaframes.html

Color code can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Network/2397/

There's a way to add pictures but as I said, I'm really bad at HTML code so I'll wait for someone else to figure that out ;)

Attachments

• BattleFrames.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 76
  • BattleFrames.rtf
    2.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Sample Battleframes:

YBA:
<center><table border=2 width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 bgcolor=#000000 bordercolor=#0000ff><tr><td align=center valign=top colspan=2 bgcolor=#9933ff><font color=#ffffff size=4 face=verdana>Demitri</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left valign=top width=73% bgcolor=#660099><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana>Nicknamed the ‘Evader of Truth’ and ‘Deceiver of Trust’, since then Demitri has undergone his transformation to lichdom though keeps his old habits of being a backstabber.</font></td><td align=center valign=top width=27% bgcolor=#9933ff><font color=#ffffff size=2 face=courier><P align=left>Round: 0
Current Hits: 23
Total Hits: 23 </font></td></tr><tr><td align=center valign=top colspan=8 bgcolor=#9900ff><font color=#ffffff size=4 face=verdana>"This is...the end!"</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left valign=top width=73% bgcolor=#660099><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana>Experience: 31/35
Saved Experience: 0
Base Hits: 7
Yen: 5
Possessions: Gold Sash (Armor, +5 Hits), Mystic Cloak of Illusions (Shield, +5 Hits), Phylactery (Accessory, +5 hits), Needle Glove (+1 to Claw and Fist Attacks), Scythe, Spear, Dagger, Headband of Intellect +4 (+3 to ‘Tricky’ Attacks)
Tournament Record: 0-0
</td><td align=left valign=top width=27% bgcolor=#9933ff><font color=#ffffff size=2 face=verdana>ABILITIES:
Undead, Energy Drain, Perfect Master of the Tricky Labyrinth, Unholy Warrior, Dirty Trick (x1)
</font></td></tr></table></center>

YB:
<center><table border=2 width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=1 bgcolor=#000000 bordercolor=#990000><tr><td align=center valign=top colspan=2 bgcolor=#000000><font color=#ffffff size=4 face=verdana>Kazz't the Devil Lord</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left valign=top width=73% bgcolor=#CC3300><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana>Local archfiend of Yberia, Kazz't started as a lawyer, advancing to become the master of darkness, a great part of this credit however goes to his Constract of Binding, which hosts the names of many unfortunate souls.</font></td><td align=center valign=top width=27% bgcolor=#CC0033><font color=#000000 size=2 face=courier><P align=left>Tier/Rank:
The Void
Record: 32-9
Yen: 21 </font></td></tr><tr><td align=center valign=top colspan=8 bgcolor=#000000><font color=#ffffff size=4 face=verdana>"Your Soul is MINE!"</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left valign=top width=73% bgcolor=#CC3300><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana>Powers:
-Passive:
Foul Spirit, Unholy Warrior, Signature Styles: West Wind, Raven, Signature Locations: Island, Labyrinth, Master of Shadows, Mind Thief (Sword, Northstar, Dragon), Cunning Attack
-Active: Sneaky Trick (x1), Dirty Trick (x3), Poisoned Blade (x4), Corruption
Possessions: Contract of Binding - Sneaky Trick (x1), Fist of Fury (x2), Hard Hitter
</td><td align=left valign=top width=27% bgcolor=#cc0033><font color=#000000 size=2 face=verdana>REMAINING ABILITIES:
Corruption,
Dirty Trick (x3),
Fist of Fury (x2),
Poisoned Blade (x4),
Sneaky Trick (x2)
</font></td></tr></table></center>

More found here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=18468

If you're using "View Source" to find out the code, I noticed that there is unnecessary spacing, along with too many < b/ > stuff in the code which screws up the look a bit. Hope that helps!

KDLadage

Explorer
Wow.

Another thing that I was involved in the creation of... making a comeback. :) This is, like, making me want to cry or something... ;)

I'm glad then! I was, unfortunately late for Battle Frames in YB, but I also found them to be a very cool concept and idea. It's just something that individualizes this game from your standard PBP game in the In Character thread.

KDLadage

Explorer
This is a very good thing...

I would add the picture of your fighter to the left side of the frame again... that was the most fun part -- watching people get the artwork to show what their fighter looked like... or the symbol... or what-have-you... ah... the memories of the original Vagabond... :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
<CENTER>

<TABLE borderColor=#0000ff cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" bgColor=#000000 border=2>

<TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#00ffff colSpan=2>

Sho-Zu

</TD></TR><TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=left width="73%" bgColor=#008b8b>

!!Flavor Text!!

</TD>
<TD vAlign=top align=middle width="27%" bgColor=#008b8b>Round: 0

Current SP's: 3​
Total SP's: 3​

</TD>

</TR><TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=middle bgColor=#00ffff colSpan=8>

!!"Back in my day..."!!

</TD>

</TR><TR>

<TD vAlign=top align=left width="73%" bgColor=#008b8b>

Yen: 2
Possessions: None
Tournament Record: 3-0

</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="27%" bgColor=#008b8b>

ABILITIES:
-Signature Style: Unicorn
-Rhetoric: 2 insults each fight
-Spirit Throw: Spend 1SP to deal +1 Dmg if Atk works.
-Transcendence: Gain foes Sig/Dojo/Personal Styles if they have 0 SP.
--Signature Location: Pillars
--Knowledge:
--Sacrifice:

</TD>

</TR>

</TABLE></CENTER>

Well, not perfect, but getting there...

Last edited:

KDLadage

Explorer
Rough Draft...

<table align=right bgcolor=#222222 border=2 bordercolor=#00ffff cellpadding=2 cellspacing=2 width=75%><tr><td align=center bgcolor=#cc00cc colspan=4 rowspan=1 valign=middle><font color=#000000 face=verdana size=5><b>THE VAGABOND</b></font></td></tr><tr><td align=center bgcolor=#000000 colspan=1 rowspan=3 valign=middle width=25%>(((IMAGE)))</td><td align=left bgcolor=#00cccc colspan=3 rowspan=1 valign=middle><font color=#000000 face=verdana size=2>"Where I go, I go. Where I stay, I stay. What I do, is my business."</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left bgcolor=#cccc00 colspan=3 rowspan=1 valign=middle><font color=#000000 face=verdana size=2><li><b>Artifacts:</b> None<li><b>Signature Style</b> [x1] (Lotus)<li><b>Signature Location</b> [x1] (Arena)<li><b>Twist of Fate</b> (2 Chi; prevent the loss of a flag)<li><b>Master</b> (Cannot be reduced below Tier 4)</font></td></tr><tr><td align=left colspan=1 rowspan=1 valign=middle width=25%><font color=#ffffff face=arial size=2><b>Record:</b> 21/7 <br> <b>Tier:</b> 5 - <b>Step:</b> +2</font></td><td align=left bgcolor=#000000 colspan=1 rowspan=1 valign=middle width=25%><font color=#ffffff face=arial size=2><b>Chi:</b> 4 - <b>Remaining:</b> 4<br> <b>Yen:</b> 6</font></td><td align=left bgcolor=#000000 colspan=1 rowspan=1 valign=middle width=25%><font color=#ffffff face=arial size=2><b>Round:</b> 0 <br> <b>Flags:</b> 0</font></td></tr></table>

OK... this is a test to see how this might work... hopefully, it is not too bad, as I would like to see this sort of a thing (off to the side in the posts, with the other information inside and able to be posted without creating uber-dissruptive posts) to become a standard...

The idea here is that the frame be as non-intrusive as possible. By aligning it to the right, once you get enough text, it should move on under it and allow the frame to be viewed without causing an inordinate amount of scrolling up and down the page.

If you have not yet gotten the iea, I am just rambling to gather that amount of text to test this theory. Hopfully I can stop typing soon and ensure that I am not boring anyone to death here...

hehe.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Well, mine wasn't supposed to be that big. There are lots of extra spaces in there that I didn't put into the code. Yours looks good, KDLadage. I thought though, that the battle frame would contain all the info you need for the round of combat. Therefore, you wouldn't have any text going down and wrapping around it.

KDLadage

Explorer
I was thinking that the battle frame would be like a character sheet.

The moves themselves, flavor text for those moves, and other "in game" activities could take place outside of the frame. Leave the "character status" stuff in the frame, play the game outside of it...

Just a thought.

(I am not the only one here, after all)

Remove ads