• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reworked Psionic Classes?

Quip

First Post
Hey all, I was just wondering if there are some good alternate versions of psionic classes to fit in a more traditional fantasy setting? Paticularly the Soulknife and Pyrokineticist? I'm interested in more divine/arcane approaches, and different elements in the case of the Pyro.

I'm willing to try my hand at it myself, but I suspect someone out there has done a better job than I could. :)

Quip

First Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm looking for variants of psionic classes for use in non-psionic settings. And for variants that make major changes besides or in addition to that.

For example I was working on a variant for the pyro, which is mostly a simple change of a couple requirements. But I wasn't sure how to change the powers that use psionic focus, and wanted to see what other people approaches to that were. After that, I was going to make a variant that uses ice and had cold throwing knives, and electricity with a lightning spear weapon. They seem basic enough, and I thought they might have been done already so I came here and asked.

Bront

The man with the probe
If you tweek the soul knife's enhancement ability to allow for normaly magical enhancements instead of the psionic list, it's probably fairly directly portable. Turn the special psionic feats they get into class abilities that are either always on, or are usible a limited number of times a day. Boom, you have a magical soulblade.

Might be able to do something similar to the Pyro. I'd suggest making a simpler, elemental master spellcasting class, which allows a character to specialize in any one type of element that they chose when they enter the class.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads