• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RGA1 - Daylight Robbery (Salix? Judging)

Velmont

First Post
As they are welcomed, Sergeant smile at the man. "Mister Scott, I'm happy to see you. You must understand if we are here, it is nothing more to see for some prospection. The idea of a second HQ is not a priority yet, but seeing in advance is one thing that is needed in our work, so if the need and the will arise, we want to make sure we have something to present quickly. We are here for at least a week, for that and to meet some other person and also, take adavantage of your good country. It would be a shame to come here and not have time to visit such a beautifull country.

If you want, we could meet each other in two days. Today, we will take some time to relax and tomorrow, I have some meeting already schedule, mianly some bureaucracy stuff. You might be aware Paladin and I was here in your good country some time ago on the case of Relic and we have a few stuff to do before we close this affair."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sergeant doesn't deny Scott thought about thee reason of there presence, but he want to make him understand it is very early in teh process and it is far from decided where that possible HQ will be placed and when that will be decided.

To make sure he won't be around and in the legs, Sergeant make him understand too that they are here for other reasons to, mainly some report to complete in relation with Relic's story, who has brougth Sergeant and Paladin in England some times ago.[/SBLOCK]

rgordona

Explorer
OOC - A Scot, some one from Scotland not Mr Scott :> (However the name really does not matter.)

Mr Scott leads the party to a waiting people carrier. A large man sits in the driver's seat with the engine running and beside him is a pretty girl using a mobile phone. The rear doors are quickly opened and the team shepherded into seats. "So do you have a hotel booked?" Asks the guide, "I can recommend the Dorchester, very discreet. Of course if you want to relax and look around, we can meet again the day after tomorrow. Do you have transport? I can leave the driver at your disposal."

The car is soon moving through the London traffic towards the Resolutes' hotel, and 45 minutes later they have been dropped off and checked in.

[sblock=RA]
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: When Martin sees the necklace, he memorises it so that he can use it as a Scrying target later. He also checks to see if he knows anything about it--Knowledges are at least +7 (+11 for remembering things) and at most for Arcane stuff +20 (+24 for remembering things), with a lot of intermediate numbers for Theology/Philosophy, History, Pop Culture, etc )

It's a large diamond pendant on an intricate chain. Akbar looks to be carefully adding extra links to the chain.

Martin does not recognise the necklace; it just looks like a necklace to him, maybe quite an expensive one though.

This is probably a good time to ask, what exactly does the scrying-target limitation on Martin's ESP actually mean? And what is the power Mirror Image?
[/Sblock]
[Sblock=travel]
Just to check I have everybody’s travel speeds right?
Flux - Flight as fast as anyone could ever need or want.
Clay - Stretching 56mph
Martin - Flight 25mph can affect two others
Paladin - Leaping/Burrowing 10mph
Sergeant - Running 5mph
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"Shall we go to meet Mr Ackbar? That was the plan back at the headquarters, right? says Clay.

[sblock=travel]Clay's travel speed looks right, it's based on math supposing 2 stretches of 250 feet/round (as 2 move actions), which I think it's right. Since stretching is an alternate power of morphing, I suppose only can do it when using my basic appareance, so most of the time it'll have to move at human speed.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Martin]The scrying-target limitation means that he can only scry on a person or object that he has seen personally, has a piece / belonging in hand, or had described in great specific detail, preferably with a sketch (GM's judgment call) which is why he had to ask for the photos online first. This makes Scrying much less generally useful than regular ESP, since it can't be used to find a mystery villain, even one that he's seen personally in disguise, unless he has a possession or a hair or something, since once she doffs the disguise, the Scrying is foiled. It's basically like regular D&D Scrying--Martin's gimmick is that while he could theoretically do things more powerfully, since he never had a real magic tutor or a proper education in it, he fell back on the magic he knew as a crutch, and since he's a D&D nerd at heart, that means D&D-like spells.

In mechanics terms, Mirror Image basically gives him concealment against attacks without actually masking his presence. They have it spelled out exactly in Ultimate Power, but it isn't at all different except in flavour than just buying a form of concealment out of the main book--it can be made without anything new from UP.[/SBLOCK]

rgordona

Explorer
Some information on the time and date since I find it pretty hard to keep track.

It is now late on the May 16 (around 8pm UK time). (What with time zones, sitting around, travelling etc the day is mostly gone.)

It is alleged that the robbery is planned for the early hours of May 24 which is a Thursday.

Akbar's shop is about 200 miles from your present location in central London.
[Sblock=ra]
Rystil Arden said:
The scrying-target limitation means that he can only scry ... It's basically like regular D&D Scrying--

Hmm, yes, I've never played 3rd edition and am hardly a D&D expert :< However I think I understand. How much info does he get on a target, eg he tries to scry the necklace and it is locked in a safe. Does he just get back that it is dark wherever the necklace is and he can't see anything or does he get that it is located in a safe which is in the basement of a specific bank. Basically how much zoom is their on the esp, and how close a view does he get. The main difference I see between this and D&D is that the D&D spell has limited uses per day where as this does not so there is nothing (as far as I can tell) to stop Martin just chaining targets.
In mechanics terms, Mirror Image basically gives him concealment against attacks without actually masking his presence. They have it spelled out exactly in Ultimate Power, but it isn't at all different except in flavour than just buying a form of concealment out of the main book--it can be made without anything new from UP.

No copy of UP either. Is it essentially an illusion of Martin standing next to the real Martin so everyone gets the 50% miss chance? Which senses does it effect? Sight only?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, thank you. Dochester seems fine with me. But for teh car, I rpefer to drive myself. I'll rent a normal car, that's all. One for the group will be enough, anyway, some of us can travel faster than a car can." answers Sergeant to Scott.

He will take a night of rest and wake early and drive to Akbar jewelry with anyone who is interested to follow.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Walking at 5 mph seems correct for Sergeant.[/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
Clay locks his room and prepares to restore his reserves of chemical energy disintegrating some matter with high energy chemical bonds (aka food)

ooc: Looks like full life support doesn't include not needing to eat or sleep, and I thought appropiate for Clay using his corrosion ability to eat.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=GM](OOC: He does not indeed get any zoom out, but he does get rotation if necessary. It is just like if he was looking at the object with a little scry sensor. If it is in a box, then you're correct that he would not be able to see out of the box (at least not without X-Ray Vision, which he doesn't have--he keeps his sensory powers while scrying, but he does have Darkvision available, so if it's dark, that shouldn't be an issue)

The flavour is that there are lots and lots of fake Martins, but the mechanics come down to just the 50% miss chance, yeah. [/SBLOCK]

VioletSamurai

First Post
[sblock=Travel]
rgordona said:
Flight as fast as anyone could ever need or want.

Basically, yeah. :) That tends to be one of the consequences of obscenely large dynamic arrays.

Keep in mind, though, that to reach truly ridiculous speeds, she has to drop other effects, like defenses, immunities, TK and super-senses. Depending on how fast she needs to go or how much she needs to lift, she has to make some hard choices. But yes, if she really wanted to and concentrated on little else, she could probably pick up the Vigilant and drag it as fast as it could normally fly. :uhoh: [/sblock]

VioletSamurai

First Post
[sblock=GM]It occurs to Flux that her Resolutes team didn't exactly arrive under a low profile, and she starts to get a little paranoid. When the team checks in to their hotel rooms, she turns on her EM-Vision and walk slowly around her room and right outside of everyone else's. She look for anything suspicious, anything that doesn't belong.

She takes 20 on her Notice checks if possible; if not, she takes her chances with the dice rather than taking 10.

Steel building frames and electrical wiring are fine, but if she finds anything that could be a surveillance device or a bomb, she reports it to "The Sarge" as discreetly as possible, since he seems to have a lot of experience and no obvious signs of mental illness. :)

She'll go ahead and take her chances with the dice on any relevant Knowledge checks as well.[/sblock]

Assuming nothing happens on that front, Flux will go out pub-crawling during the night with whoever is willing, doing her best to cultivate a truly exquisite hangover (she's never been to England, or out of America for that matter, and intends to sample the full range of experience it offers). The next morning, she'll accompany The Sarge on his investigative errand (unless he tells her otherwise), bleary-eyed, washing down a handful of aspirin with the strongest coffee brewed within 10 kilometers of the hotel.

Remove ads