Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Voidrazor

First Post
Helios opens his mouth to speak, but then remembers the many times he'd been slapped or punched in the nose for things he'd said that seemed perfectly innocuous at the time. In the end, he smiles at the brutes, nodding amiably, but lets the others do the talking.

Rhun

First Post
The mongrelmen begin hooting and growling at each other again, their undeciphable language leaving you in the dark about what they are saying. After several more moments, the one who speaks common agains turns his attention to you. "Come. You talk to (name sounds like a coughing leopard growl), king."

Those words said, the four mongrelmen turn and beging to weave their way through the narrow alleys of this portion of the city.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia nods, and waves the others forward as she follows the mongrelmen at a quick pace, lest they lose sight and get lost.

(OOC - I need a quick orientation here on the premise of the adventure...we're investigating these ruins...why again? :) Did we have any idea there was a wizard here? Was Horan being evil and stuff? Or is he just minding his own business and subjugating the local yuan ti? I just want to make sure I understand OOC what Tal does IC :))

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC;

We're supposed to be rescuing a kidnapped chieftain's son, which is why Sandor has been against unnecessary delays. The first few posts of the thread set everything out.

Rhun

First Post
Your first task is to find the source of the raids on the merchant caravans and put a stop to it. Your second task is to rescue the chieftain's son.

Rhun

First Post
You are led down winding alleyways through the piles of rubble and collapsed buildings, passing lean-tos and shanties in which the mongrelmen apparently dwell. After several minutes, you emerge into a large semi-circular clearing.

Ahead of you, several steps lead up to an open-faced ruin, still partially supported by massive pillars. A powerfully built individual sits upon a crude throne of rock, his features not discernable under his dark cowl. Two smoking braziers set to either side of the being.

You are led down to the area before the steps. You notice many more mongrelmen filtering into the area behind you. The creature upon the throne leans forward, as if waiting for you to speak.

industrygothica

Adventurer
When it becomes apparent that the others aren't going to speak, Abel takes a deep breath and readies himself. He is no negotiator, no public speaker, but someone has to do it...

"I am Abel, and these are my friends," he begins. "We come to you to seek your knowledge of the wizard Horan, for we oppose him, and it is our understanding that you do as well."

Remove ads