• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich Baker on Paladin Mounts and Multiclassing

Traycor

Explorer
Source

Rich Baker said:
We're leaning toward making paladin mounts optional, not a built-in part of the class. So you might gain access to a cool mount by deciding to take the right paragon path or spending the appropriate feat. Paladin players who don't want the complexity of a mount can avoid it easily enough, but those who do want the mount can still make the decisions to get a unique mount.

Paladin multiclassing restrictions are gone.

Last edited:

Traycor

Explorer
ZombieRoboNinja said:
Ooh, I hope they do the same with familiars and animal companions.
Well, in R&C they mentioned "familiar" being an impliment for wizards (like staff/wand) that they will impliment in a later supliment. So wizard familars are cut for now. :(

No clue on animal companions.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Something there worries me alot....

He didn't suggest it being a talent.

He said Paragon path, or feat selection, but didn't suggest making it a talent. I havn't seen anything that confirmed Talents are in. And that worries me, I like talents I think they are a far better mechanic than static class abilities. I hope they're using them.

Traycor

Explorer
DarwinofMind said:
Something there worries me alot....

He didn't suggest it being a talent.

He said Paragon path, or feat selection, but didn't suggest making it a talent. I havn't seen anything that confirmed Talents are in. And that worries me, I like talents I think they are a far better mechanic than static class abilities. I hope they're using them.
Earlier in that post he lamented that he might get in trouble for how much he is being quoted on ENWorld lately. He is probably being very choosey on what words he uses so as not to let too much out of the bag.

EditorBFG

Explorer
DarwinofMind said:
I havn't seen anything that confirmed Talents are in. And that worries me, I like talents I think they are a far better mechanic than static class abilities. I hope they're using them.
This was discussed heavily in a recent thread, and we came to the conclusion that "powers" are what probably talents have evolved into, and likely use a similar structure.

Abstraction

First Post
Leaning toward? Shouldn't this be figured out by now?

As for multi-classing, I suspect that there is no restriction because there is no multi-classing. Not in the 3E sense of the word. I think there will be class training feats/talents taking the place of multiclass.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Abstraction said:
Leaning toward? Shouldn't this be figured out by now?
The PHB was supposed to head to typesetting yesterday. So either paladins aren't in the core rules, which they apparently are, or that's an old quote, or he's being cagey.

Remove ads