• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rich Burlew's (Order of the Stick) setting?

MightyTev

First Post
1) WotC bought Rich Burlew's setting in addition to Eberron.

2) In Order of the Stick, the Dwarf worships Thor

3) It has been mentioned that the new "generic setting" includes gods from real world mythology

4) Order of the Stick is currently on hiatus

Is Rich Burlew's setting the new default world?

Eolin

Explorer
His oots world an the world bought by WOTC are different game worlds. He's not allowed to mention anything about that game world.

Besides, he's sick and recovering from illness right now.

MightyTev

First Post
Eolin said:
His oots world an the world bought by WOTC are different game worlds. He's not allowed to mention anything about that game world.

Besides, he's sick and recovering from illness right now.

I realise they are different worlds, but I figure the strip might have similarities to his own setting.

hopeless

Adventurer
Reg: this

MightyTev said:
1) WotC bought Rich Burlew's setting in addition to Eberron.

2) In Order of the Stick, the Dwarf worships Thor

3) It has been mentioned that the new "generic setting" includes gods from real world mythology

4) Order of the Stick is currently on hiatus

Is Rich Burlew's setting the new default world?

The chance to play Belkar?
Even though I'm usually the LG type, that would be REALLY tempting!

Sorry to hear he's ill, I know he's put the strip on hiatus until at least the 17th of September so if he reads this I wish him all the best, his strip has been all thats been keeping me going between rp groups as my current one doesn't like d&d (mainly one person can't run his wild mage as its a prestige class and I do sympathise since the warlock doesn't deserve to be a character class either and the favoured soul should never have been split away from the sorceror in the first place!)

Monk/Paladins (Miko), dwarven clerics' of Thor who brew ale as a devotion to their god... intelligent fighters... greedy thieves with a heart of gold... rangers lousy at tracking but multi-classed as barbarians... a bard with a barely capable Intelligence score... an elven evoker... the bard's twin who is and evil mastermind... his fiendish consort whom the rogue has yet to figure out what kind of alchemical material actually hurts her... a half orc barbarian afraid of girls but loves puppies... evil lich necromancer who'd make Austin Powers' nemesis look normal!

Sorry just the idea they might use this has got me a little too excited.
Anyway back to the thread...

pweent

Explorer
I don't think we're ever going to see another setting come out based on Rich Burlew's submission, largely because I believe it's been parted out already. James Wyatt has mentioned in the past that the death-worshipping aspects of Aereni elven culture came from Burlew's submission, and I wouldn't be surprised if other elements of the finalist submissions were incorporated into Eberron or other WotC material as well.

(Edit: Hm, or perhaps not quite so much. Check out Keith Baker clarifying the subject on this very site not three weeks ago!)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads