• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Riddick

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
(At the premiere)

Johns: How's it look?
Riddick: Looks fun.
[Johns steps forward, and screaming patron runs out towards them. They duck to the side and he runs into the night]
Johns: You said it was fun!
Riddick: I said it *looked* fun.
Johns: Well, how does it look now?
Riddick: Looks fun.

Lindeloef

First Post
awesome :) i really liked the other 2 Riddick movies. And this looks like a mix of both of them (half and half at least from the trailer).

Nytmare

David Jose
Are they actually on the planet from Pitch Black? That's what it seems to imply.

I don't think so, at least nothing from the trailer lead me to believe that it was. A menagerie of different monsters, and the only thing that sorta looked like the creatures from the first movie was that mountain.

Though there were a couple of parts of the second movie that I liked (yay coffee cup!), overall I really hated it. A little too much space-Conan meets 80s' death metal. Oh god and the science fiction of, what was the name of the planet, Creamatoria(?) was so freaking painful. I'm really glad this one looks like it's getting back to its roots.

I wonder if it's supposed to take place between the two movies? He didn't look much like the brooding, intergalactic, conquering king of the megaverse that we saw at the end of #2.

Bagpuss

Legend
I wonder if it's supposed to take place between the two movies? He didn't look much like the brooding, intergalactic, conquering king of the megaverse that we saw at the end of #2.

It does seem it could be, after all there is still a bounty on him, and you see a necromonger hunting him down as well. However the dagger he throws at the necromonger looks like the irgun knife, the one he put in their Emperor's head at the end of Chronicles.

Last edited:

GM_Chris

First Post
Damn, the worst thing about this Riddick thing is that all these movie makers seem to think that trilogies are the best thing ever. I think this could make a great quadrology.

The political intrigue of CoR was far better than the pure fighting in Pitch Black and this movie.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I believe that would be a reference to the Machiavellian machinations in the subplot about becoming the next leader of the Necromongers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads