• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Righteous Rage of Tempus + High Crit

bfreakb999

First Post
I have a really simple question i need clarification on Does the new RRoT trigger the High Crit property on weapons such as the Executioners Axe? Or does it only add the magical damage. If so this oddly seems a tad too powerful for the avenger in my group every encounter. It almost as if he's gaining an addition encounter power in every encounter.

BobTheNob

First Post
Yes. (Errata) sais you gain the extra damage dice you would on a crit. It doesnt clarify weapon vs high crit dice, so (by my interpretation) you get the high crit dice as well.

This is still a hideously powerful ability, but compared to what it used to be! Mind you, the maxing of extra dice plays will into an avengers hands.

Mind you, does that apply if you are attacking more than one target? Cause if it does, then it is still WAY too much IMO.

Aulirophile

First Post
It applies if you attack more then one target. But not a ton of AE's have the "Weapon" keyword. And Avengers taking burst/blast powers are generally taking VERY poor powers since they are supposed to be single-target strikers, don't get their double rolls, etc.,

A BRV Fighter with a Fullblade or Executioner's Axe with a bunch of Burst 1s might be an interesting poach for it though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads