• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of Calling, comments please

RobNJ

Explorer
I really need feedback on this one:

Ring of Calling

This is actually a pair of rings, one worn by a suit of armor, one worn by the user. Upon activation (a standard action), the suit of armor that the sister ring is on teleports from wherever it may currently be, and is instantaneously donned by the wielder of the ring. There is no limit on the distance the armor must travel, except that the armor may only teleport to the same plane of existence. When the armor is donned, the wielder's ring subsumes into the character's being and the armor continues to wear its ring on the outside of the gauntlet. When the armor is taken off, the wearer's ring reappears on his finger. If the ring is removed from the armor, then the calling power won't work.

Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, teleport; Market Price: 3,000 GP.

---------------------------------

The cost is based on the Armor of Calling (presented in Defenders of the Faith) that this ring is based on. That is a +1 armor enchantment, which would thereby cost 4,000 GP plus the cost of armor. Considering that it its more flexible than the armor of calling (can be put on any armor the user wants) but is also more susceptible to being lost (you have to leave your armor behind, someone could steal the ring, etc.), I decided the benefits and detriments were a wash, so I subtracted the cost of +1 armor from a suit of +2 armor.

What do you think?

Remove ads