• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of Mighty Wallop

kitcik

Adventurer
Kitcik that would work for all day?

Stream someone told me to look into it and used ring when describing what I should be looking for. Suggestions on doing up Mighty Wallop or Greater Mighty wallop are greatly appreciated. Any other ideas on how to increase a human monk's damage would be appreciated.

I heard there is some kind of ectoplasm that you can put over your limbs to increase size.

Yes, that is "continuous."

I will post some good links tomorrow, just send me a PM to remind me.

Although the Greater Mighty Wallop does it in one shot (my DM does not allow > colossal).

iamtheend

First Post
I mainly figure not bringing Greater Mighty Wallop to my DM because I feel he will banish it all together. A ring of Mighty Wallop and Improved Natural Attack seem good enough.

Any other items for optimization and suggestions of what to do instead of a ring of Mighty Wallop are appreciated.

kitcik

Adventurer
I mainly figure not bringing Greater Mighty Wallop to my DM because I feel he will banish it all together. A ring of Mighty Wallop and Improved Natural Attack seem good enough.

Any other items for optimization and suggestions of what to do instead of a ring of Mighty Wallop are appreciated.

I will send some links in the am - on a laptop now with none of my links.

I hear you on the ban worry.

I convinced my party wizard to take the spell immediately at 5th. When you can first cast it, it is the same as Mighty Wallop except for the duration. By the time it goes "nova," it's a bit late to ban...

Besides, monks need all the help they can get.

iamtheend

First Post
The people I play with never get around to keeping a campaign going so they never experienced later levels. So everyone thinks melee builds are god like and I always argue how Monks are TERRIBLE. So when I try and argue for Monks even if I'm not playing them I just get yelled at.

I have tried to open up all the spells a Wizard and Sorcerer has but no one wants to listen.

I normally am the melee dude in our games as a fighter but I wanted to try Monk to see how well I could do it. DM has already told me my character is way too crazy multiple times already as an excuse to keep my Monk down. I went from Role playing Fluff character to building an optimized character to ensure my dude survives.

kitcik

Adventurer
effective size maximization

Although the Ultimate Monk has a lot of issues, the entry provides lots of ideas on this topic. Unfortunately, the site seems to be down right now. However, this repeats some of it. Hopefully, the Ultimate Monk comes back online shortly as there really are a lot of ideas there. I think he gets to like 300 dice of damage at level 20 (colossal+++ assuming your DM would allow it).

Here you can look at "What is there for monk to do?"

Here is an ENWorld thread.

The third post here has a decentd list.

Remove ads