• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]If you decide to interrogate the gnome, which I suppose you will, I'll post the rules for the skill challenge.
In the meanwhile, I'd like you all to answer a question. This encounter was, on paper, the easiest of the adventure. Although the terrain offered significant advantage to your foes, and I rolled very very high for the monsters, and you managed to win without spending that many resources, you had a couple of pretty rough moments during the fight.
So what I'd like to ask you is: would you prefer I toned down the difficulty of some of the toughest encounters a bit, or do you want the real deal?
All encounters are level appropriate on paper for the party, but a couple could result a bit... tough.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=difficulty]I'm fine with the full difficulty. Worst case, we die and roll up PHB2 characters. ;) And more difficulty means more xp.
[/sblock]

taran

First Post
"He'd kill his master and then surrender? His people have a strange sense of ethics."[sblock=Difficulty]Full difficulty is fine with me. I don't think this battle was ever as grim as it looked.[/sblock]

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

Heinrich pulls his crossbow bolt free of the redcap's forehead with a sickening squelch. Stalking towards the gnome, he shakes the worst of the detritus from the bolt's head, taking his time.

Straightening out of his customary hunch as he approaches, Heinrich looks down on the little gnome. His bloody form looms like some nightmarish figure, bringing out primal fears in those present.

"We came here... to talk. You and yours made it bloody."

He smiles, and looks at the gnome. "So. You like being alive. That's good." Approaching yet further, he spins the bloody crossbow bolt in front of the horrified halfling.

"I suppose we might let you live... if.... IF you help us."

His smile stretches, showing row after row of serated, predator teeth. "Big IF."

[sBlock]

Yah, this combat was fine. I didn't have to use a daily, or an AP, I rolled dismal and we all lived. Difficulty is fine where it is.

anyone have any encounter healing abilities left? I'd appreciate an appropriately RP'd use on me, perhaps saving me a few healing surges - my current HP is 5/24, my HS is 6hp.

Intimidate check (1d20+7=27)

Bam. He just crapped himself.

[/sBlock]

Remove ads