• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

taran

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, to speed things up I will consider an average result (3) for additional hp for who hasn't rolled. Tell me if the status below is correct. I had Lorik,Heinrich, Ikni(as covaithe had said), Galinndan and Haruka spend 2 hs; Derien only spent one. Is it alright?

Lorik HP:29/29 S:7/11 AP:1
Ikni HP:31/31 S:8/11, AP:0
Heinrich HP:24/24 S:5/7 AP:1
DerienHP:22/26 S:8/9 AP:1
Galinndan HP:24/24 S:6/8 AP:1
Haruka HP:30/30 S:7/10 AP:1

ow, if I remember right, you want to head to Lord Arnamil's, having Romulin guide you. Do you want t try and restrain him in some way, or is he free to move?
Anything else?
The sun is on the horizon.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Well actually the average result is 7 thanks to my +4 from Healer's Lore, but whatever, as a party we have plenty of surges left, let's get moving. Also, I've spent my action point.[/sblock]"Yes, time to go. Romulin, it falls to you to lead us to Lord Arnamil's. Once we're there you'll have a choice to make. Not, I gather, between freedom and slavery," Derien's eyes glint dark amusement, "but yours, nevertheless. Until we get there, let's talk; I want to hear everything about Lord Arnamil's domain."[sblock=I'm going on vacation...]...from Tuesday to Friday. I might be able to catch up and post once or twice during that time, but otherwise I'm an NPC.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Gord hurries back to barricade himself home, wishing you good luck in a barely audible mumble. As the light gets dimmer while the sun is lower and lower on the horizon, and shades grow longer, you start making your way through the vegetation, that gets thicker as you proceed deeper in the woods. To all those who have ever taken a stroll in a common wood, this place appears... not properly common. You start seeing some trees so large that they don't really fit Daunton's typical species, weird bushes, and the fauna doesn't really reflect your idea of what you should be seeing, either.
[sblock=Nature or Arcana 15]this definitely looks like a zone of passage to the Feywild.[/sblock]

Romulin is leading, and seems especially concerned, aside from his obvious predicament, about the surroundings. He continuously turns left and right, often slowing his pace to look more closely in a dark corner. He seems to know the area pretty well, though, and he's certainly showing more confidence than he was when praying for his life.
Eh, what can I tell you that I already haven't? Lord Arnamil is a governor serving the King of the Willows. He rules upon a vast territory that officialy starts a mile and a half or so North from here -by your standards anyway. Distance is difficult to calculate in Arcadia*, though we're still half in your world.
His authority, however, is undisputed among all the feys in the area surrounding his fiefdom... well, except for my Mistress, of course.
he notes with an afterthought.
But it doesn't matter, because you will never be allowed past the outer gates. Only mortals upon which Lord Arnamil looks with favour are.

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

Heinrich chuckles. "We'll tell enough of the story to get an audience with Arnamil, one hopes."

He stands, shrugging. "You will turn in what spies you can, and confess your fear of the Lady of Nightmares, fear of retaliation for being a fly in the ointment."

He looks at the others. "We'll volunteer our services to try and locate the ring, asking for the Lord to provide a distraction. I assume one of you remembered to bring their silver tongue?"

He spreads his arms wide. "If it works out, you, Romulin, will be protected, and recognized by your Lord. We will be rewarded, and will keep the secret of your true involvement."

Looking back at the gnome, he gives a 'get going' head twitch. "Lead on."

Sidestepping into the shadows of the forest, Heinrich fades from sight, moving forward to scout in the direction they head.

[sblock]two healing surges works just fine for me.

Let's get this show on the road, enroute to Arnamil.

Sneaking ahead a bit, to ensure we don't run into an ambush. Not sure if you want to roll it or not, my stealth is +11, my perception +6, and I have low-light vision

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=insight 25]Romulin cannot conceal a smal chuckle.[/sblock]

[sblock=heinrich]scouting ahead? how much ahead? with romulin or other fellows) or alone?[/sblock]

Joeluma

First Post
[sblock]
Hm... I think I'll be about 20 squares ahead of the party.. so 100 feet. I'll circle back periodically to make sure I don't lose track of them, closing to about 50 feet.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=joe]
Hm... I think I'll be about 20 squares ahead of the party.. so 100 feet. I'll circle back periodically to make sure I don't lose track of them, closing to about 50 feet.

Are you sure about that? At 20 squares from the rest of the party you'd be alone in a maze of trees if anything happened.
...just asking.[/sblock]

Joeluma

First Post
[sblock]20 squares will be the furthest I go from the party. It will be move move stop, listen listen, move move stop, listen listen. So, in general, I'll be from 10-20 squares ahead. Keep in mind, however, that my guy does know an ideal ambush spot when he sees it, so he'll avoid walking into one.

but yes. if something happens as a result, perhaps his future tactics will be different... but for now he's all ahead on his lonesome. let the mayhem begin! :erm:[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni takes up a position at the back of the party as they move out.

[sblock=marching order?]How about this?

Heinrich in front scouting. Lorik and Galinndan next, followed by Derien and Haruka in the middle, and Ikni at the rear.

I'm open to suggestions; to be honest, this was mostly an exercise in writing down all the names of the current party members in the hopes that I'll remember them. ;)
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm fine with that marching order. For the record, I want the gnome bound but not gagged, and my sword will be drawn the entire time. At the first sign that the gnome double-crossed us, I'm cutting off one of his ears.[/sblock]

Remove ads