• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:I posted a visitor message for Jbean, but I see his last activity is on the 2nd of April, so I'm afraid he might have just gone poof.
I'll npc him for now, but what do we do in these cases, judge?

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=disappearing players]I'm not your judge, but I've had players disappear from time to time. At that point, my priority as DM is to make sure the adventure can carry on. If the missing PC is essential to the party (e.g. party's only healer), I NPC them until a replacement can be found. If they're not essential to the party I just disappear them as soon as it's convenient for me. In this case, I might just say that jbean's character mysteriously vanished in the forest in a moment when everyone happened to be looking the other way. I probably wouldn't do it in the middle of an encounter, but the beginning of an encounter I might consider it, if it didn't throw the balance of things off too much.

As DM, I consider that I have pretty free rein to do whatever I want to PCs abandoned by their players. I usually try to avoid killing them, in case the player does come back, but short of that... Waking up in Bacarte, naked, with a poorly bandaged head wound and no memory of how you got there, is not out of the question. ;)

The point being, you've got pretty free rein IMO to deal with the situation however is convenient for you.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Galinndan moves towards the elf, yelling at the party: Fast, we must move closer before reinforcements can reach them!
Ikni charges him, and strikes him with a magical slash that leaves the elf immobilized.
Angered, the archer instinctively shoots another arrow at Ikni, but finds himself unable to move away from the Genasi, who, despite being hit by the arrow, strikes him in response to his opening.
But Ikni notices a gnome coming out of the trees on the side in front of him. Crossbow in hand, the fey shoots at him, but the Swordmage manages to deflect the dart with his sword. The gnome curses and reloads hastily.

[sblock=initiative and status, round 1]
Galinndan uses an inspiring word on himself. Ikni hits the elf. The elf hits back, but takes an OA. A gnome comes out and shoots at Ikni, but misses.

24-Elf 1
23-Galinndan HP:21/24 S:5/8 AP:1
23-Ikni HP:24/31 S:8/11, AP:0
19-Elf 2 -15 hps, immobilized(TENT Ikni)
18-Gnome 1
18-Lorik HP:29/29 S:7/11 AP:1
11-Haruka HP:30/30 S:7/10 AP:1
9-Heinrich HP:15/24 S:5/7 AP:1
8-Derien HP:22/26 S:8/9 AP:1[/sblock]

encounter3.jpg

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]For the record, I'm on board with cov's opinion on disappeared players. If you think they need him, NPC Galinndan along in the background; otherwise, use a little creativity and shuffle him off the scene.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Lorik points his sword at the bound gnome. "Stay" he says sternly before rushing to Ikni's side.

"We seek an audience with Lord Arnamil regarding a matter of a missing ring. We aren't looking for a fight, but are more than able to defend ourselves if violence is your intention."

[sblock=Actions]
Lorik's sword was already drawn, but his shield was not.
Move action: Start at D10. E10, F9, G8, H7, end at I6.
Minor action: Diplomacy 3. Awesome.
Standard action: Ready action to Reaping Strike the elf at L5 if they don't respond to the olive branch. 14 vs AC to hit, 10 damage if that does manage to land. If not, the elf takes 1 damage. Either way, it is marked until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lorik stat block]Lorik- Male Half-elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC:18 (17, no shield), Fort:15, Reflex:13 (12, no shield), Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike, Passing Attack, Righteous Brand, Tempest Dance
Group Diplomacy: Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Group Assault: Allies gain a +1 damage bonus to enemies marked by Lorik.

[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Don]If you didn't have your shield out, why not use your longsword in two hands? Just wondering if I'm missing something.[/sblock]

Haruka swiftly moves forward, her silhouette becoming hazy and indistinct against the background of the forest. A harsh whisper spills from her lips as she sets her sights on the nearest foe. However, for the moment she holds back her attack, waiting for a cue from her allies.

[sblock=Actions]Move action: move to square H8, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk.
Minor action: Curse elf 2.
Standard action: Ready action to cast Vampiric Embrace on Lorik's target if Lorik attacks him. Hits Will 20 for 14 necrotic and 5 untyped. Except I forgot to add the +1 damage from Lorik's Group Assault, so it should be 15 necrotic. If that hits, I gain 8 temp hp.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Haruka Sato[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]- human warlock 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 15
AC: 15 | For: 15 | Ref: 15 | Will: 14
HP: 30/30 | Bloodied: 15 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 7/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +2 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Flames of Phlegethos

[/FONT][/sblock]

taran

First Post
ooc: Heinrich's next, but once my turn comes up...

Derien finally recovers from the shock of the ambush, and calls out to his attackers: "We come in peace! We're here to see Lord Arnamil!. As an aside to his companions, he adds "Please don't kill them, we might need to prove our good intentions later." He steps forward to add divine radiance to Lorik's attack, without result.[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy check of 19, Move to G10, Lance of Faith on Elf 2 misses.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Derien Falk - Elf Cleric 1
Initiative +3 Passive perception 22 Passive Insight 19
AC 16 For 12 Ref 13 Will 16
HP 22/26 Bloodied 13 Surge value 7 Surges/day 8/9
Speed 7 squares Languages Common, Elven
AP 1 Second Wind not used
Longbow +5 (1d10+3)
Powers: Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame
Cause Fear
healing word 2 of 2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Cascade of Light[/sblock]

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

Heinrich fades back into the foliage, looking for a shot at these sudden enemies. Noting the diplomatic attempts of his allies, he aims carefully, and waits for hostile action.

[sblock]
Move Action: Move to H10 (assuming the foliage is difficult terrain. if it is impassable, position me as you see fit to allow for concealment (stealthy times!)

stealth check (1d20+11=31)

Minor Action: Predatory Eye (+1d6 to next attack that hits with C.A. before end of next turn)

Standard Action: Ready Action: Elf acts in a hostile manner => King's Castle (no ally swap, so no effect, but snazzy 2d12 damage nonetheless)

kings castle vs. elf (vs. Reflex) (1d20+7=14)

fairly certain that misses. oh, forgot +2 from C.A. so that hit 16 reflex

just in case... power, sneak attack, predatory eye (2d12+4=20, 2d6+4=13, 1d6=2)

If I hit, and had combat advantage, total of 35 damage.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads