• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka pales as she watches Galinndan become engulfed by drakes and Lorik take a heavy blow to his chest.

"Alright," she whispers to herself, "No more games."

She then takes advantage of her newly returned mobility to move to the tree line. Protecting her face with her arms, she pushes past branches and roots in an attempt to reach the hostile fey.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to L4.
Standard->Move: Squeeze to O3, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk if I didn't already have it from being in the trees.
Minor: If I can see the elf, I'll curse him. If I can't see him, but I can see the dancer and can't see the drakes or the other gnome, I'll curse the dancer. Otherwise I'll draw a sunrod.

My thoughts are if I can get to the other side, I can start harassing the fey. Between my second wind, temp hp, healing potion, the Aegis on the dancer, and Shadow Walk, I think I'm fairly safe. Or I'll drop to concentrated fire and a string of critical hits, and then not be able to be saved because I'm separated from the group. You know, whatever. I think other people are in greater need of our rapidly dwindling healing. Like Lorik, who could easily drop to the next attack from the drakes.

Oh, and I was a total idiot to use my AP last round. Lesson learned.[/sblock]
[FONT=&quot]
[sblock=mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 1
Initiative: +1 | Passive perception: 9 | Passive Insight: 15
AC: 15 | For: 15 | Ref: 15 | Will: 14
HP: 30/30+8 | Bloodied: 15 | Surge value: 7 | Surges: 7/10
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +2 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Flames of Phlegethos
[/sblock]
[/FONT]

taran

First Post
This is not a disaster. Yet. Prioritize! Derien pulls the drakes into the center of his focus, takes careful aim, and launches a Lance of Faith...uselessly. Frustrated, he calls upon the one bit of grace that requires no skill of his: a healing word for Lorik.[sblock=OOC]I was hoping for a status update before my turn, but the way things worked out it didn't really matter.
Minor: healing word on Lorik, for 9 plus his healing surge value hp.
Move: hunter's quarry on the drakes.
Standard: Lance of Faith on the drakes, 10 vs. Reflex, 8 damage. Wow, that sucks, let's go again: 8 vs Reflex. Oh well.[/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Derien Falk - Elf Cleric 1
Initiative +3 Passive perception 22 Passive Insight 19
AC 16 For 12 Ref 13 Will 16
HP 22/26 Bloodied 13 Surge value 7 Surges/day 8/9
Speed 7 squares Languages Common, Elven
AP 1 Second Wind not used
Longbow +5 (1d10+3)
Powers: Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame
Cause Fear
healing word 0 of 2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Cascade of Light[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
The party is having a hard time. Haruka tries to reach the other side of the trees, but cannot attack or she will be discovered. Lorik is trying to catch his breath, and Derien fails to affect the drakes again. Luckily, he manages to heal Lorik. The half-elf seems to have recovered most of his strenght again.
Only Heinrich manages to hit one of the drakes with a dart. The pack of reptiles seems now reduced to about one half of what it was.
The dancing gnome sees Haruka approaching from the trees, and casts two spells at her, and while the radiance from the first doesn't affect her eyesight, her mind is compelled by the second one, and she feels her feet move backwards on their own.

The elf disappears among the trees, and comes out with an arrow ready to be shoot at Derien; lucklily, he misses his target.
Although she manages to defend himself from the drakes, Ikni is being hard-pressed, and shifts her sealing spell from the gnome to the lizards. She then wields her sword in a scintillating whirl, that drops several drakes like flies.
While Galinndan seems to be getting worse, the few remaining drakes react fiercely, and bring both Ikni and Lorik to the ground again, but cannot bite past the magical protection of the Genasi.
The gnome, on the other hand, deals another fearsome blow on Lorik, that seriously wounds him again.

24-Elf 1 -8
23-Ikni HP:27/31 S:7/11, AP:0, prone
DE-Galinndan HP:-1/24 S:5/8 AP:1, unconscious
21-Drakes -33, cursed by Haruka, bloodied, aegis of shielding
Elf 2 unconscious
18-Gnome 1 -9, marked by Lorik
18-Lorik HP:7/29 S:7/11 AP:1, prone, bloodied
11-Haruka HP:30/30+8t S:7/10 AP:1
9-Heinrich HP:15/24 S:5/7 AP:1
8-Derien HP:22/26 S:8/9 AP:1
7-Gnome dancer -6, cursed
Gnome 2 unconscious

ooc: Haruka can only see the Dancer on her turn. Too many trees in the way between her and the elf or the drakes. I made Ikni mark the drakes because, honestly, the aegis of shielding might save your butt here.
Also, damn, that gnome rolled two crits in a row vs Lorik!

encounter3.jpg

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: right. Btw, I posted a message on Joeluma's page. His latest activity on Enworld was listed on yesterday, though, so I don't know what to think. I'm afraid we might be losing our 2nd player, and I'm actually starting to think my adventure blows :heh:

Joeluma

First Post
sorry, I just don't have a clear picture of where I am in the initiative order for some reason. I'll try to more actively watch for my turn.

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

Pursing his lips, he strides forward, concealing himself in the bushes next to the path. Clearing his mind of distractions, he targets the drakes with a spray of bolts.

[sblock]

Minor: Load Crossbow.

Move: Move to L7. stealth (1d20+11=20).

Standard: Sly Flourish: 1d20+9=17, 1d12+6=16, 2d6+4=10

Incidentally, my current favourite for pbp initiative is group init... us and the monsters, with the higher average going first. then it doesn't matter who actually posts first, and those who are present earlier can post earlier.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I effing hate war picks. If I get killed by a freaking gnome with a mining tool, there will be hell to pay.[/sblock]
Growing increasingly frustrated, Lorik braces on his sword as he once again makes his way to his feet. Blood is oozing from the pair of wounds in his side, but it doesn't impede his footwork as he lures the gnome into an advance. The feint works, and Lorik dashes past the small fey, the bite of his sword accompanied by a mixture of blood and saliva angrily spat into the gnome's face.
[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Stand up
Minor Action: Spit in the goddamn gnome's face
Standard Action: Footwork Lure. 21 to hit, 10 damage. I shift into his space, and he shifts into mine. Oh, and he's marked.[/sblock] [sblock=Lorik Stat Block]Lorik- Male Half-elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC:18 (17, no shield), Fort:15, Reflex:13 (12, no shield), Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:7/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:5/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers
Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike, Passing Attack, Righteous Brand, Tempest Dance
Group Diplomacy: Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Group Assault: Allies gain a +1 damage bonus to enemies marked by Lorik.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads