• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

Joeluma

First Post
Heinrich

His eyes dart back and forth as he considers the battlefield for a long moment. When he does finally move, it is with the practiced silence of a professional shadow.. or so he thinks. Loading his crossbow as he goes, he aims carefully and fires another bolt.

[sblock]
Have you had to NPC me yet? Meh, whatever.

Move Action: Move one or two squares, I think I can get conceal against the elf at either I9 or H9.

stealth check (1d20+11=13) Not that it matters with these rolls, lol!

Minor Action: Reload

Standard Action: sly flourish vs AC, nonlethal, targeting the elf. (1d20+7=24, 1d12+6=16)
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Haruka's spell ravages the poor dancing gnome with hellfire, while it's Derien's spell that, finally connecting, knocks him down. Not before he can make another flashy turn on himself.
And, while Ikni is trying to reach the last remaining elf, and Lorik searches one of the unconscious gnomes for weapons(he finds he only has a crossbow with several darts and a war pick), Heinrich ends the fight, poking a hole in the elf archer's chest with a bolt of his own crossbow.

ooc:Fight over. Congratulations! Phew! that was long, wasn't it? This got you at least 130 xp each, but probably more... I suppose you'll want to have at least a short rest immediately... Well, tell me all actions you want to perform for now... (like, searching the bodies, tying them, getting the heck away as fast as you can... you know, that sort of things!

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]We forgot to search the bodies last time. Not making that mistake again.

Lorik searches the bodies, looking for gold, weapons, treasure, etc (COME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, SUNBLADE LONGSWORD! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO, SUNBLADE LONGSWORD!). He then uses the rope from his kit to tie them all to a tree.

Also, is that a hand crossbow or a regular crossbow? Because right now I'm a bit lacking in the ranged weapon department, and until I can get my hands on either some javalins or throwing hammers, a hand crossbow is my next best bet.

We're gonna need at least one short rest, and Lorik's in pretty bad shape, so if we decide to do that, he'll take a rest without spending any surges so that he can get healed proper by our handy-dandy cleric. We're all pretty banged-up though, so my vote goes to extended rest. I imagine that it's nighttime by now, so we're gonna need a campfire. Anyone trained in Nature? The best I got is a +2. The drakes will be our dinner (no need to dig into trail rations when there's fresh meat). We can question our captives over a fire.

On the other hand, we probably want to catch up with Romulin before he runs off to either Arnamil or the Lady of Nightmares to let them know that we're coming. If we choose to pursue, then our hostages will most likely only slow us down (unless we can convince them that we're only trying to help Arnamil, in which case they may help out). If we can't, then they're probably going to have to die (after questions, of course).[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ah, interesting, I'm curious to see what you'll do. It's almost dark, indeed. Light is still dim, but soon you'll need torches to see.

Ah, you want a hand crossbow? *erases a line from notes* Sure, it's a hand crossbow. Lucky uh?

Oh, guys, it might be time to start thinking of a wishlist, though it's still a bit early, if you want to make one, at least.
(A wishlist is basically a list of items from your level to level+4, so from level 1 to level 5 in this case, that you'd like.)[/sblock]

Joeluma

First Post
[sblock]

Wishlist:
Weapons are my first priority, followed by whatever else seems appropriate :)
Weapons : L3 Superior Cbow of Quickness +1; L8 Superior Cbow of Force +2
Armor : L5 Leather Armor of Shared Suffering +1; L8 Leather Armor of Rat Form +2
Neck : L4 Cloak of Distortion +1; L9 Cloak of Distortion +2
Head : L4 Casque of Tactics
Arms : L6 Bracers of Archery
Hands : L9 Gloves of Storing
Feet : L6 Sandals of Precise Stepping
Waist : L6 Cincture of the Dragon Spirit
Wondrous : L2 Silent Crowbar; L5 Power Jewel

In essence, my wish for this adventure is to come out with at least the Superior Cbow of Quickness. Anything else is just gravy :)

As to Heinrich's actions, he will go for a little wander around the immediate area, searching for a secure campsite, and to see if there are any signs of other movement.

Heinrich has Low-Light vision, so for now he should be fine in the dim light.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Wishlist is in my character sheet. All I want for christmas is a +1 Sunblade Longsword.

I'll take that crossbow, too. What do I find on the bodies?[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Ikni sinks to her knees in the tall grass, shoulders hunched in fatigue. After a moment, she straightens her shoulders sits back on her heels. She lays her sword on the ground before her, precisely parallel to the line of her knees, and sits, very still, gazing at the sword, for a long moment. Then she retrieves the sword and stands with a fluid motion. She begins carefully cleaning the blade, first with leaves and dry grass to remove the worst of the gore, then with rags, and finally with an oiled cloth from her pack. The whole process takes only a few minutes, and when she finishes, her face has relaxed from the tension of combat into a kind of serene balance.

Ikni looks around. "That was well fought, my friends. It is an honor to stand beside you all against such foes. Do any of them yet live?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads