• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RIP] Kurt Vonnegut

Krug

Newshound
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/books/12vonnegut.html?hp

Kurt Vonnegut, whose dark comic talent and urgent moral vision in novels like “Slaughterhouse-Five,” “Cat’s Cradle” and “God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater” caught the temper of his times and the imagination of a generation, died last night in Manhattan. He was 84 and had homes in Manhattan and in Sagaponack on Long Island.

His death was reported by the publisher Morgan Entrekin, a longtime family friend, who said Mr. Vonnegut suffered brain injuries as a result of a fall several weeks ago.

Chimera

First Post
Not having read any of his work anytime I can remember (but possibly back when I was a teen), I remember him from the Rodney Dangerfield move "Back to School", where he showed up for a quick cameo.

The joke being that RD's character Thornton Mellon had hired Vonnegut to ghost write a class paper about his own works for Thornton.

And it only got a B.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads