Rise of Skywalker - Bold Predictions Thread

Vael

Legend
Alright, final predictions:
  • Emperor is dead, but appears as a Force ghost
  • We get a scene with Force Ghost Luke
  • Whatever happens to Kylo (and I don't know), Rey, Finn and Poe will survive for possibly more movies
  • While sidelined, Leia doesn't die
  • Rey is not a secret Kenobi or Skywalker
  • Snap Wexley is the gay character? (Greg Grunberg's character, one of the X-Wing Pilots from TFA)

My confidence level on these is not high. Honestly, I'm nervous, but excited. Can they stick the landing?

Oh, but I still expect to be utterly annoyed at their idea of an LGBT+ character in the movie.

GreyLord

Legend
The media blackout is over. We need a spoiler thread probably soon.

My prediction now before that thread (though this is probably my last visit to enworld till the end of the month). Those who show that they liked TLJ probably will like this one. Those who hated TFA and TLJ will not like TROS.

Those who didn't like TLJ but did not hate TFA may enjoy TROS...though they may also find some things that don't quite fit. It's a toss up, some may love it, others merely like it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We need a spoiler thread probably soon.

When someone has seen the movie, and wants to talk spoilers, they can post one. It requires no special official action. Just note SPOILERS in the thread title.

Last edited:

The media blackout is over. We need a spoiler thread probably soon.

My prediction now before that thread (though this is probably my last visit to enworld till the end of the month). Those who show that they liked TLJ probably will like this one. Those who hated TFA and TLJ will not like TROS.

Those who didn't like TLJ but did not hate TFA may enjoy TROS...though they may also find some things that don't quite fit. It's a toss up, some may love it, others merely like it.
Actually, I think the opposite, at least on one front. Those who liked TLJ will hate TROS.

And those who hated TLJ ... will also hate TROS.

GreyLord

Legend
Actually, I think the opposite, at least on one front. Those who liked TLJ will hate TROS.

And those who hated TLJ ... will also hate TROS.

Maybe. I think a majority who saw it last night enjoyed the movie. A few who probably were disappointed, but I think the overall reaction from the premiere is positive. [edit: On reflection, those who were meh on TLJ may also hate this one. Depends on what made them meh. Unfortunately I think a LOT of people were meh after TLJ...so...maybe...maybe not.]

My last prediction is NOT for people's eyes...

There are going to be some major plot points which have no explanation and some will see them as plot holes. Only thing I will say is...

And this is my PERSONAL opinion and take on the entire ending...

And if you highlighted this to unspoiler it...I still will say you may not want to read the next item...though whether it is valid or not is for you to determine. It COULD spoil the entire ending of TROS so...don't read it if you don't want that...though I still try to be somewhat vague.

I feel it goes through the idea of Anakin being made by the Force by Darth Sideous. In a way, this means Anakin WAS the child of Sideous as well. If this is true, than Rey having a last name at the end of the movie actually makes a lot more sense than some people are going to claim.

In fact, I predict that some will go into conniption fits over this issue.

This is the item that many are going to be VERY unhappy with, especially for hardcore SW fans who hated TLJ and felt it did not really work with the rest of the series.

But if one takes the idea that Anakin is actually the Son of Palpatine...Rey's last name makes sense.

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Serious predictions.
Tonight's early premier. Overwhelmingly positive. Invite only more or less will skew things.

General audiences view. Somewhere between Solo and Rogue 1 quality wise.

Isn't that a pretty big margin? Since Solo had luke warm views and Rogue 1 was prett good.

Zardnaar

Legend
Isn't that a pretty big margin? Since Solo had luke warm views and Rogue 1 was prett good.

Solo tended to get decent reviews in the 70% range.

Watching the John Campea show. He loved TFA, and liked TLJ. He got to see it last might. He's very positive pro Disney often gets called a shill.

He's spinning it but it didn't do it for him didn't like it.

No spoilers 20 minutes in. Hes respecting the review embargo. He's reading out other reports as well but they're more impressions atm due the embargo. That's 19 minutes in.

Lots of action apparently.

Note that everyone that's seen it is on invite lists. First 25 minutes are the not review no spoilers. Open questions from there on out do no guarantee someone asking questions spoils anything.

Last edited:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
One more day till I can see it. Fighting that urge to get into the spoiler thread... I so want to... Argh!

Mallus

Legend
From the reviews I've skimmed so far, it seems Abrams has outdone himself in making an Abrams movie. To thine own self be true, I suppose. Even when furiously copying others.

Still excited to see Rise, though I'm fairly sure it'll be in a theater that serves booze.

Remove ads