• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Rise of Tiamat hardcover goes for big money

Weiley31

Legend
I'm glad I got an un-errated Mord's Tome of Foes prior or the year before last year. Hoping to get an un-errated version of Volo's Guide to Monsters at some point. I have a partially errated Xanathar's Guide as the Spirit Die for the Ancestral Guardian barbarian subclass is fixed, but I have a pre-nerfed Healing Spirit in the spell list.

You think that's bad? The only alt cover book I don't own is Volo's Guide to Monsters, and it's, at minimum, 350 bucks on eBay. I've seen copies as high as 900 bucks on there. It's wild.

It's crazy that Rise of Tiamat's regular edition is that expensive, though. I'm regetting gifting it to a friend after I picked up the Tyranny of Dragons book. 🤣

Now I'm curious how much the Tyranny of Dragons compilation book is running for these days...

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
If you want one get horde while you can. I’ve heard that sellers are waiting till it goes out of distribution so they can sell them together.

Might happen sooner if it goes out sooner and maybe the price goes down? Maybe. Kinda doubt it.

But the price of horde will go up.

If you want one get horde while you can. I’ve heard that sellers are waiting till it goes out of distribution so they can sell them together.

Might happen sooner if it goes out sooner and maybe the price goes down? Maybe. Kinda doubt it.

But the price of horde will go up.
I don't see it gaining huge value, because I don't think these high priced books are actually selling for those prices very often, and it is a mediocre campaign mostly interesting as a curiosity of what happens when an outside studio designs a campaign for an unfinished game.

That said, I bought a copy of Horde of the Dragon Queen yesterday on Amazon for ≈$18, and I recommend anyone interested in owning it in hardcopy do the same because once the existing print run is gone the days of it being cheap are unlikely to ever come again. It is unlikely to see a reprint.

Remove ads