• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ritual: Banishment

soulcatcher78

First Post
I would appreciate any help in ironing out the kinks (that I'm sure will crop up) with this proposed ritual.

Banishment

Level 18
Time 10 minutes (+special*)
Duration Instant (+special**)
Component Cost 2,000GP (vairable***)
Market Price 15,000GP
Key Skill Arcana

*Time includes creation of the focus item (usually a crude representation of the target) but does not include time spent researching the targets True Name.
**Triggering the ritual requires an audible (free action) command (+2 to check if using a language the target understands, i.e. abyssal).
***Component cost triples if the True Name of the target is not available.

This ritual is used to force other planar creatures back to their home plane without the use of a fixed portal. Using a creatures True Name grants the user greater power (+5 to Arcana check) than they would normally have.

True Names can be divined in several different ways (all of which are costly (2,000GP per week of research, Arcana DC depending on how powerful the creature is (level + 12) so a Marilith True Name would have a DC of 36) and require the use of an extensive library or a Sage specializing in such things (considered extremely rare depending on the setting). Chances can be increased by spending more (+1 for every additional 2,000/week before a check is made) or taking more time (+1 for each additional week before a check is made), spending 4k GP/week and searching for 2 weeks gives you a +4 modifier.

Arcana Check / Result
19 or lower / No result
20-29 / 1 Creature Banished
30-39 / 2-7 Creatures Banished (single creature barred**** for 10 years)
40 + / 3-10 Creatures Banished (single creature barred**** for 100years)

****Barred: This specific creature is unable to enter the Material Plane for the number of years indicated by the result.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Remove ads