• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ritual Components

JasonZZ

Explorer
Supporter
I'm hoping that I just missed something obvious, but is there any listing for how much the various types of ritual components weigh?

Jason Roder

Torebo

First Post
There's a mention (I can't remember where, but probably in the PHB) about the weight of Residuum as compared to gold coins (highly indicating that simplest/lightest way to carry your wealth is to do so in dust rather than gold), but I can't remember the page ref. Nor do I recall anything about the components themselves...but it's mostly just little vials of oils and packets of herbs and other such things, go with some sort of small weight if you need a number.

JasonZZ

Explorer
Supporter
So it was obvious, and I did miss it. Thanks. Sounds like they meant it to be like residuum, but I think I'm going to house rule that. I agree that ritual components should be light (so as not to hose ritual casters for their choice), but weightless is a bit much for early-tier ritual gear. Maybe ritual components available at a given tier should have a weight equivalent to treasure available at each tier--50 gp per pound at heroic (gold coins being the standard), 5K per pound at paragon (platinum), and 1/2 mil at epic (astral diamonds/residuum). Maybe a little less at epic.

Remove ads