• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ritual information

Cyronax

Explorer
Flip Out

Casters of this martial ritual take on the aspect of the all powerful ninja and FLIP OUT attacking all enemies and allies at a range of 25 squares for max damage. In addition, the caster of this ritual cannot be a pirate.

C.I.D.

Voss said:
Except feats we've seen posted have stat requirements of 17 and 15.

Then again, your quoted examples are from the Paragon levels. Apparently, Rituals are accessible from Heroic, where abilities would be expected to be lower. So 13 sounds perfectly viable.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Ok, multiclassing is done entirely through feats. You take one feat to multiclass and gain a power from that class, and then take additional feats to take more powers from the class.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to look at the multiclassing feats in depth, so I don't know what type of powers they let you choose from.

This contradicts that you can multiclass instead of taking a paragon class. I think their is some disinformation floating around.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Moon-Lancer said:
This contradicts that you can multiclass instead of taking a paragon class. I think their is some disinformation floating around.
How does that contradict that you can multiclass instead of taking a paragon class?

This would work when multiclassing at other levels.

When choosing to multiclass at Paragon teir instead of a Path, you probably get more than one feat right away as an equivalent power boost, since you get three Path benefits at level 11.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
My understanding was that you could multiclass at any level up, but it doens't mean you get all the powers of the second class. We didn't know the mechanism, but it sounds like it would be feats that would allow you to cherry-pick certain features or powers of another class.

Then we heard you could also multiclass at Paragon level instead of choosing a path. Paragon Paths give you a Path Feature, an action point power, and a Path Power. So, the way I see a Paragon multiclass, you would get to select one class feature and one class power from your multiclass, and can probably also swap one of your at-will powers to one from the new class.

Well, hopefully we will understand more next week when we get the multiclassing preview.

Last edited:

Cadfan

First Post
I wish the word "multiclass" had been murdered in its sleep during the transition to 4e. We murdered lots of other jargon to avoid confusion (attack of opportunity -> opportunity attack, 5' step -> shift), this could have been murdered as well.

There is apparently more than one method by which a character of one class can obtain an ability normally available only to another class. One way is through feats. Another is to use another class as a replacement for a paragon path. What you call this is your business.

Propheous_D

First Post
From what was reported you simply can not multi-class. You instead take feats that give you access to other classes powers. I don't think it would make sense to take another class instead of a paragon class due to the nature of powers you get in the paragon tier vs heroic tear of another class.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Propheous_D said:
From what was reported you simply can not multi-class. You instead take feats that give you access to other classes powers. I don't think it would make sense to take another class instead of a paragon class due to the nature of powers you get in the paragon tier vs heroic tear of another class.
But we don't know that it will be access to heroic tier powers and features. If everything is based upon Character level, rather than class level, it might give you access to the Paragon tier powers and features of that class.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads