• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E RM2 The Created - Thoughts?

Hey all,

So today on Twitter, Chris Perkins was asked about a good non-Barovian Ravenloft module. He replied with The Created, a funky sounding option:

"The Created, an adventure by Bruce Nesmith in which the characters are transformed into marionettes and trapped in a toy store. #WOTCstaff"
https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/890746249564962816

I had a look, and noticed that it has a fairly, uhm, stern review on DMsGuild, where the reviewer expresses the view that the module and its central concept has never worked well in his experience, and doesn't fit Ravenloft at all. Awkward! I thus wonder if anyone else has run this module, and has any thoughts about it that they'd like to share?

For reference, I'd not be interested in using it in a Ravenloft campaign; instead I'd likely slot it into a Forgotten Realms one (just a random village near Waterdeep) or instead as a free-standing one-shot.

Coroc

Hero
Hey all,

So today on Twitter, Chris Perkins was asked about a good non-Barovian Ravenloft module. He replied with The Created, a funky sounding option:

"The Created, an adventure by Bruce Nesmith in which the characters are transformed into marionettes and trapped in a toy store. #WOTCstaff"
https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/890746249564962816

I had a look, and noticed that it has a fairly, uhm, stern review on DMsGuild, where the reviewer expresses the view that the module and its central concept has never worked well in his experience, and doesn't fit Ravenloft at all. Awkward! I thus wonder if anyone else has run this module, and has any thoughts about it that they'd like to share?

For reference, I'd not be interested in using it in a Ravenloft campaign; instead I'd likely slot it into a Forgotten Realms one (just a random village near Waterdeep) or instead as a free-standing one-shot.

Such old school modules will work best with old school players. New players - not used to things like:" You are now occupying the body of this plain average stat soldier. He has got none of your superpowers just his average spear. He dies, you die too" - will cry railroad.

For your purpose it is perfect, for ravenloft I mean real ravenloft feel try about any of the hyskosa hexad.

Attention spoilers do not read if you are intend to play one of these:

In one of them (I think part 5) the players land on a shelf pretty headless ah no, rather bodyless now that one is a shocker!

Last edited:

Remove ads