• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Robber Fly miniature?

Kurzon

First Post
Hi folks. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good miniature for a Robber Fly? It's an old D&D monster, and is basically just a giant fly with a hatred of low-level adventurers and giant bees. As far as I know there was no official model made. But there don't seem to be many generic giant fly miniatures out there (that I could find, anyway). Any suggestions are much appreciated!

I always comb dollar stores and Wal-Mart around Halloween for decoration stuff that can be used as minis. I have whole plastic baggies of little spiders, scorpions, ants, and yes even flies. They are usually very cheap too. Hobby Lobby also has packs of little frogs that I have mounted on bases and use as giant frogs. You can find quite a bit of cool stuff for the gaming table on the cheap if you keep your eyes open.

I did find a cheap Halloween Bag-O-Flies a while back that filled this particular niche. I snagged about 20-30 inch-long plastic flies (black bodies, clear wings, and splotches of red paint on the eyes) for about a buck.

And like ExploderWizard, I also have a nice collection of cheap creepy-crawlies tucked away for game days.

Remove ads