Robin Hood 1x04 "Parent Hood"

Brakkart

First Post
Roy is captured by the Sheriff and he is given a choice - kill Robin or watch his mother hang.

Meanwhile the Outlaws find a baby in the forest (after stealing Gisbourne's horses!) and try to find the parents.

Marian defies the Sheriff and he plots her punishment.

Not entirely sure which of the Merry Men Roy actually is, though I suspect it's the grumpy one. Sounds like a suitably sinister plot for the Sheriff at least, and it's about time the Sheriff took notice of Marian's antics (one of his guards was killed with a jewelled hairpin in the throat in the first episode after all).

delericho

Legend
Well, I liked it, mostly.

The basic plot falls into bad cliched plot #4, unfortunately... since we've all seen this play out dozens of times before, we can all see exactly what's going to happen. Of course, what should really happen is Roy should just, you know, talk to his friends and tell them exactly what's going on.

The brief exchange where Robin quoted the Koran was outstanding.

Much was less annoying than usual. And he was right: Robin needs to step up and show a lot more ruthlessness where dealing with the sheriff is concerned. Spoiler:
As it is, Robin's conscience is now direcly responsible for Roy's death. He should have killed the sheriff when Roy gave him the chance.

Brakkart

First Post
Yeah as cliched as the overall plot was, tonights episode had some really good moments in it (particularly the bit regarding the Koran). I also really liked Marian's punishment, very well staged and acted on her part, though not much of a punishment on our part (the viewers) as she's arguably even better looking afterwards!

Spoiler:
A shame to lose Roy, he was my favourite of the Merry Men thus far, though Allan-a-Dale and Will Scarlett were both good this week. Still it took a LOT of stabbing to put Roy down!

Remove ads