• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood

Goodsport

Explorer
Anyone else here play this game? It's about 4-5 years old but still officially supports Windows XP, and it can currently be purchased via digital download from EBGames.com and elsewhere.

Its gameplay seems similar to Commandos and Desperadoes, but it captures the Robin Hood look and feel quite well. It even has a pretty clever mouse-system to implement different weapon swings. :D

It has three zoom levels, which leads me to my only (minor) complaint about the game: the highest resolution possible in the game is 1024x768, and thus the closest zoom level leaves everything pretty jaggedy. That's why I generally play at the middle zoom level, only switching to either of the other two whenever necessary (further out to catch the lay of the land, and further in to catch some important detail).

I'm still pretty early in the campaign, but overall it seems quite fun. :cool:

-G

Last edited:

Mycanid

First Post
Boy ... I never even HEARD of it. :\

Oh ... and by the way Goodsport:

[Sneaks out of the shadows in his trenchcoat]

Hristoz Vozkresay! ;)

[Sneaks off into the night again....]

Goodsport

Explorer
TogaMario said:
It looks fun :D Reminds me of Stronghold (the pov angle and graphics) I'll give it a try if I can find it in a store.

I hope you can find it. If you can't, though, you can still always purchase the digital download which includes a .pdf file of the manual. :)

-G

-SIN-

First Post
Yeah, I used to have it - and I loved it, especially the mouse attack variations - though I found doing figures of '8' killed most things off easily enough...

Quality game. They should make more like it!!

Remove ads