• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Roc Games

Since I've seen a few posts asking about Roc, I thought that post this announcement here. This appeared on their site sometime today.

"Our hiatus is over and we are getting everything back in order for the new year. I apologize for the long absence of updates for the website. We will be doing updates once a week from now on, rather than trying to do daily updates like we did in the distant past. Things are settling down and we will give you some more detailed updates about the recent goings on at Roc in the coming days and weeks.

I am continually surprised at both the ease and the difficulty of running a business of this nature. Sometimes things run so smoothly that they require very little attention. Sometimes problems seem to snowball down into oblivion and require all of our resources to fix. This is all part of the learning process of life and we are getting better at it as we go.

The biggest source of difficulty in any business, especially one such as this - in publishing - is manpower. As people are hired things become much more manageable and when people leave (whether fired or they turn in notice), the rest of the company is left to quickly pick up the duties involved while looking for a replacement.

We recently lost one of our talented product managers - Max Lybbert. Sadly, things didn't work out between Max and Roc, so we wish him well in life. What this means is that over the past many weeks we have been busy reviewing and reassigning the projects that he was overseeing. We had two main choices open to us - rush the products to get them out on time, despite the down time from the switch -or- get things in order and focus on keeping the quality level as high as possible. Of course, we chose the second option, even though it caused many delays in the work and release schedule. For that, we apologize, but we hope that you understand that quality sometimes is more important than simply rushing a product out on time.

New and Exciting News!

We are finishing up a new layout for Olduvai's Test and Love Forlorn that will make the downloads smaller while giving a better overall look. Shortly after those go up on the site, we will start our new product advertising, which is long overdue.

The Winners of the Dungeon Romp Adventure Contest have been picked! Yes, it's true! We will get that information up on the site in the next update and will get more info to you all about the winning entries."

Good luck to all of you that entered the contest!
Christoph

Remove ads