• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Rocketship Empires 1936] Writers Wanted

Arthnek

First Post
cover.jpg

Rocketship Empires 1936 is looking for two writers to assist with the roll out of products slated for 2008 and 2009.

Most projects on the schedule are twenty five to fifty pages. Payment is per word with bounty when sales targets are reached. Payment to you in full prior to publication of your work. No half now, half later. We've been there..done that and now prefer to pay everything right up front after the work is completed and prior to publication.

Interested individuals should follow the steps outlined below:

1. Visit the Rocketship Empires 1936 website and join the forums. (Required) Please take a moment to be cordial and say hello. I am an easy going and friendly person to work with and I am looking for the same in any writer or artist I do business with.

Follow the red forum link on the HQ page at: www.rocketshipempires.com

2. Obtain a copy of the Rocketship Empires 1936 core campaign setting. (Recommended) We are looking for writers interested and enthusiastic in writing for our setting. Most science fiction and fantasy magazines strongly recommend that writers at least pick up a single copy of their magazine so that they understand the content the publisher is looking for. Purchasing a copy is certainly not required, just recommended.

While the core campaign book will be most useful to you ($8.99) you may be able to glean enough information between the website and the less expensive starship book ($6.99) to submit a successful sample. If you are confident and have exceptional talent you may give your submission a shot without reading anything about the setting. Sample pages of the core setting .pdf are available at the purchase portal. If you are on a budget you can glean some information and get a basic sense of the setting off the sample .pdfs.

If you are hired you will obviously receive free copies of every book we produce.

3. Submit a 1,000 word piece of short fiction based in the Rocketship Empires 1936 universe.
When you sign up for the forum simply send me (Edward) a private message to say hello. I will forward to you my personal email addy where you can send your writing submission / sample as an attachment.

4. Submissions will be judged on.

Creativity
Amount of key content from the RE 1936 setting incorporated into the piece. The piece should contain at least some references to the setting material. More than a passing comment about Martians or space travel is advised.
Grammar and Spelling

Remember. Picking up a copy of the setting is not required. Joining the forums and at least investing the time to make introductions, read over what is available in the forums and gain some passing knowledge of the setting is definately a requirement. If someone can't be bothered to invest the little time necessary to learn something about the setting, well...what can I say. We won't likely be interested in hiring them.

The more someone is willing to show us they are serious about learning the setting and submit good material the more seriously we are likely to take their submission.

Last edited:

Remove ads