• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

rogue/assassin/psion is there any point to this character?

papa_laz

First Post
Im considering using this character in an up coming campaign. I have no real reason for it other than the fact that it sounds cool (Munchkin eh?) and the idea of a psionic rogue/assassin appeals to me.

If anyone has had experiance with such a character I would be grateful to know if it makes for an interesting combination and what works with the character.

Thanks.

hey papa

You might have more luck with this in General - it should be O.K. there.

I think this concept would work best for assassins working together as a group ( communicating telepathically etc. ) - might work well as a PrC for an organization.

BFG

papa_laz

First Post
Thanks for the suggestion BigFreekinGoblinoid. Ive decided not to go with this character because I believe there is little to gain from 2 or 3 levels of psion.

I was thinking of playing a necromancer instead. Does anyone have any experiance/advice with these they would like to share?

Thanks

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Don't be a rogue/psion/assassin. Instead, take a level of ranger, several levels of psion, and multiclass into the Soulknife prestige class; you can still work as an assassin, have sneak attack, and are no slouch with psionics either, especially if you use the MonteCook Soulknife.

Rayston

First Post
odd

I am doing something very similiar to this. except I am only going to take 1 level in assasin (woohoo death attack ) and I am also taking Psychic warrior levels rather than psion, I am also planning on going soulknife.

only 3rd level right now ( and +1 ECL due to tiefling ) 1 level of rogue, 2 levels of psychic warrior, but its working out okay. Shes not really a sneaky assassin, more of a "I like to kill people and have no qualms about using dirty tricks) type assassin.

Thanx

Rayston

Remove ads