Rogue Build(s) please comment

RigaMortus

Explorer
Demoquin said:
I have decided to go use this build instead

Rog 3/Swa 3 Asn 1/ Ftr 2/ SD 2/ Ftr 2/ IB1/ ASN 1 / IB 4/ ASN 1

Also note that you have to be careful with this build because you may incur the 20% exp penalty for classes that are more than 1 level higher than each other. For example, if you go Rogue 3, you will get the 20% exp penalty when you pick Swashbuckler 1. This will occur again when you go Fighter 1 as well.

Felix

Explorer
Demoquin said:
Also making ranged death touch attacks...
By that I imagine you mean to use the Assassin's Death Attack (Ex) ability?

SRD said:
Death Attack: If an assassin studies his victim for 3 rounds and then makes a sneak attack with a melee weapon that successfully deals damage...
If you throw your dagger, it is a thrown weapon, so you can't Death Attack with it.

Demoquin

First Post
no i havent can you post a link? Hmm, i didnt see that the Death Attack *had* to be melee but that was my old build anyway. The former build goes around Invisible Blade instead of Master Thrower.

Either way .. you could throw a ranged touch sneak attack :p

Demoquin

First Post
Sorry for ever doubting you guys ... 6 classes is indeed too much. So i revised and made a Rog 5/Asn5/ IB/ASN 3 (hips)/IB4/ASN 2

11d6 SA with a dagger and 8d6 with anything else. Feint for free. Death Attacks some spells what is not to love.

Question of feats
TWF
Finesse Daggers
Combat Reflexes*
WF Daggers
(no idea)*
Imp TWF
Greater TWF*

* could be swapped for something better

I was thinking of Imp Iniative, Imp Crit Daggers, Imp Trip (dex based),
Quickdraw( I have house ruled that the 2 of 12 daggers on my person are considered quickdraw on my bracer)

or anything that you might be able to think of

RigaMortus

Explorer
FWIW, there is an Assassin spell that allows you to make a Ranged Death Attack with your next attack. I forget which book it is in, but I think it is one of the Complete books.

Felix said:
By that I imagine you mean to use the Assassin's Death Attack (Ex) ability?

If you throw your dagger, it is a thrown weapon, so you can't Death Attack with it.

Demoquin said:
no i havent can you post a link? Hmm, i didnt see that the Death Attack *had* to be melee but that was my old build anyway. The former build goes around Invisible Blade instead of Master Thrower.

Either way .. you could throw a ranged touch sneak attack :p

Remove ads