• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue/Feylock

joeandsteve

First Post
I'm looking for the best way to do a base class artful dodger rogue multiclassed with Feylock. Is this feasible to do WITHOUT being a halfling? (Halflings are acceptable, just not preferred) Thanks for the input.

fba827

Adventurer
what type of stats (standard array, point buy, etc) or races (anything except halflings? does the dm allow player races out of the MM, or just phb?) or any particulars you have to work with? Or is this really "anything" ?

Rechan

Adventurer
Half-Elf. I know, it's not a +2 to Dex, but it also gives you access to Eyebite.

Otherwise, the only races that have +2 Dex/+2 Cha are Drow and Goblin.

Halfling would definitely be ideal, and with a few tricks you could even start in Warlock. If you want to avoid Halfling, you're looking at Drow first and foremost.

If this is what you want, I'd actually recommend Halfling and beginning as a Feylock. With Misty step, Nimble Reaction and the Defensive mobility feat, combined with Feylock teleportation you can manage a lot of what the Artful Dodger can do. Warlock's Curse works both ways, while Sneak Attack does not apply to Feylock powers. Paragon Multi at 11th for the true Hybrid.

Sorry for the double post but:

To add to this, Rogue/Feylock is a mostly two stat build. For this, you can easily go Human. The +1 to all defenses and Human specific feats are nice, and the extra feat and at-will go a long way if you're going to Paragon Multiclassing. Since you are focusing heavily on only two stats, the lack of a second +2 to and ability doesn't hurt much.

joeandsteve

First Post
Standard 22 point buy, PHB races, Heroic Tier. (sorry) I know halfling would probably be the best, just don't particularly like the flavor of them. I would still be interested in the halfling builds people come up with, though.

Rechan

Adventurer
I know halfling would probably be the best, just don't particularly like the flavor of them.
Then talk to your DM about the flavor.

Turn Halflings into the Wee Folk. The largest of the brownies, the Leprechauns and the like. Halfling villages are often just outside of human towns; the humans leave out little saucers of butter or cream, and in return, the halflings will oft leave game at the doorstep in the morn, and keep the woods clear of too nasty a predator.

If that doesn't suit your tastes, then take a look at the Gnome. Yes, again not a +2 Dex/+2 Cha, but it really fits the Fey feel, and is a great rogue.

Standard 22 point buy, PHB races, Heroic Tier. (sorry) I know halfling would probably be the best, just don't particularly like the flavor of them. I would still be interested in the halfling builds people come up with, though.

I'd recommend either Halfling or Human. Halfling to start as Warlock, Human to start as Rogue. I'm going to stick to PHB at this point and avoid Martial Power and whatnot

Halfling Warlock

Str 10
Con 12
Dex 18
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 18

Feats

1 Defensive Mobility
2 Sneak of Shadows
4 Novice Power
6 Weapon Proficiency: Rapier
8 Nimble Blade
10 Adept Power, swap Nimble Blade for Acolyte Power
11 Twofold Curse

Powers

1--Eldritch Blast, Eyebite, Witchfire, Curse of the Dark Dream
2--Ethereal Stride
3--Otherwind Stride(You really want this)
4--Swap Witchfire for King's Castle(without Artful Dodger, Positioning strike does little)
5--Crown of Madness
6--Fey Switch
7--Mire the Mind(this is nice on you)
9--Curse of the Black Frost
10--Warlock's Leap, swap Fey Switch for Slippery Mind, swap Curse of the Black Frost for Deadly Positioning
11-Paragon multiclass into Rogue, swap Eldritch Blast for Sly Flourish, take Rogue's Luck

Human Rogue--edited stats, between Nimble Blade and a Dagger, you can benefit more from 18 Cha than 18 Dex

Str 10
Con 13
Dex 16
Int 11
Wis 8
Cha 18

Feats

1 Backstabber, Pact Initiate
2 Nimble Blade
4 Novice Power
6 Action Surge
8 Acolyte Power
10 Adept Power
11 Weapon Focus Light Blade

Powers

1--Deft Strike, Piercing Strike, Sly Flourish, Positioning Strike, Blinding Barrage
2--Tumble
3--Bait and Switch
4--Swap Bait and Switch for Otherwind Stride
5--Clever Riposte
6--Slippery Mind
7--Sand in the Eyes
8--Swap Slippery Mind for Fey Switch
9--Knockout
10--Close Quarters, swap Clever Riposte for Crown of Madness
11--Paragon into Warlock, swap Piercing Strike for Eyebite, and take Mire the Mind as an encounter.

Last edited:

Christian

Explorer
Half-Elf. I know, it's not a +2 to Dex, but it also gives you access to Eyebite.

Well, you'll get Eyebite as an encounter power with the Pact Initiate (Fey) feat anyway, right? As an encounter power, but that's all the Half-Elf Dilettante ability would get you anyway ...

Remove ads