D&D General Rogue/fighter

HorrorRogue

Villager
Hey

So my friends and I are doing a homebrew campaign. The classes are going to be based off our personality according to everyone else.

The most agreed upon classes for me would be a rogue/fighter. Any dnd class that's a rogue/fighter mix?

They said based off some fictional characters that I reminded them of
Geralt from the Witcher
Daryl from Walking Dead

Edited word

Last edited:

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Multiclassing is a thing (assuming it's available at your table).

Fighter/Rogue multiclasses are good.

You just need to decide if you want to lean more into Fighter with 2 handed weapons (put more levels into fighter) or rogue weapons (put more levels into rogue).

You also need to decide if you want to have any magic or just your martial prowess (subclass choices will be big).

HorrorRogue

Villager
Multiclassing is a thing (assuming it's available at your table).

Fighter/Rogue multiclasses are good.

You just need to decide if you want to lean more into Fighter with 2 handed weapons (put more levels into fighter) or rogue weapons (put more levels into rogue).

You also need to decide if you want to have any magic or just your martial prowess (subclass choices will be big).
Are there any class names for a rogue/fighter?

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
If you don't want to multiclass or don't like the Rogue's class abilities/combat abilities, you can build a pretty nifty character by going Fighter with either the Criminal or Urchin background. That gives you a lot of the thematic rogue stuff.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Yes but is there a name for a rogue/fighter subclass?
There’s not a fighter subclass that really does rogue. Though as someone mentioned previously the urchin background might get you what you want. If the background suffices for the rogue aspects then maybe barbarian, ranger or Paladin classes could work the fighter aspects. It depends on what you envision.

There is a rogue subclass that does a type of fighter well (swashbuckler).

Remove ads