Rogue PC in undead-loaded adventure

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yes, mini-bosses. Specifically, Quasits or Imps -- hard to see, hard to catch, hard to harm with regular weapons, hard to damage with spells, but PERFECT for sneak attack and creative skill use.

"There's always room for a Fiend." ;)

-- N

reveal

Adventurer
Is she the only player or are there others? Because if she's not the only player, then TS. Not every adventure can cater to every member of the party. A lot of players feel useless from time to time. She just needs to find a way for her character to become more useful other than sneak attacking. Maybe scouting or searching can be her forte for this adventure.

DarrenGMiller

First Post
reveal said:
Is she the only player or are there others? Because if she's not the only player, then TS. Not every adventure can cater to every member of the party. A lot of players feel useless from time to time. She just needs to find a way for her character to become more useful other than sneak attacking. Maybe scouting or searching can be her forte for this adventure.

I agree with Reveal on this one. I just finished the Istivin camnpaign arc from Dungeon and in the conclusion of the final adventure, the Rogue of the party was useless. However, he is useually indsipensible for the party, so it was good to see others shine while this PC took a backseat for one session.

DM

reveal

Adventurer
wolf70 said:
I agree with Reveal on this one. I just finished the Istivin camnpaign arc from Dungeon and in the conclusion of the final adventure, the Rogue of the party was useless. However, he is useually indsipensible for the party, so it was good to see others shine while this PC took a backseat for one session.

DM

That was a great adventure series. :)

BTW, here's an example of how to feel useful. In the last session, the party ran across a pit of lava from which 3 enemies appeared; an azer sorcerer and two elder fire elementals. My wife, the party cleric, had memorized four flame strikes and four fire storm spells. Guess what? Azers and fire elementals are, of course, immune to fire.

After the session, she told me she felt useless but had a lot of fun. Why? Because she still was able to heal people and help out when necessary, like being able to fly, because of her armor, to get the wizard who had been bull rushed into a pit of lava. A good player can ALWAYS find a way to be useful.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Aeson said:
Don't change this adventure just pick one next where she can shine.

I agree here. So long as there are traps, locked doors/chests and the like then the character has a chance to use her skills. This sounds like an adventure where the clerics get a chance to shine. The next one may be more her avenue of experience.

Remove ads