• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogues - what do you do against undead and constructs?

Doug McCrae

Legend
smootrk said:
Just get Undead Bane, Holy Daggers (+4d6 to most evil undead) to get by while you are in this necropolis. Maybe a Ghost Touch Undead Bane for the occasional incorporeal undead.
At level 6? Expected wealth for that level is 13,000gp. An undead bane holy ghost touch weapon costs 50,000gp.

Last edited:

smootrk

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
At level 6? Expected wealth for that level is 13,000gp. An undead bane holy ghost touch weapon costs 50,000gp.
No.. I said a Holy Undead Bane Weapon (total +4, 32K) and/or Undead Bane Ghost Touch Weapon (+3 total, 18k). I was giving options, since I do not know the types of undead primarily involved (maybe lots of different ones).

And on the subject of cost, loaner from temples or town they are saving, NPC has a family heirloom...etc. If the DM is throwing the characters into a basic situation where they are vastly under-powered (as stated above), then the DM ought to make up that balance elsewhere. Anyway, hard to guess the entire picture based upon the limited info.

Whatever happened to 'this necropolis is too dangerous, let's go somewhere else'? That's what I would be saying if I were the rogue in the group you described.

Or, you could do the whole thing solo... sneak in (I hope you have darkvision), grab the loot, and sneak out. That's how Indiana Jones would do it! Of course, something would go horribly wrong and he'd have to run like hell. Too bad you're a halfling ;-)

Ken

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
A problem that a character of mine encountered all too often. I solved it with interesting items. I constantly threw alchemist's fire, acid flasks, holy water, tanglefoot bags, etc.. Basically anything with a mundane effect that might prove better than my awesome 1d3 throwing dagger damage.

RedFox

First Post
Haffrung Helleyes said:
Whatever happened to 'this necropolis is too dangerous, let's go somewhere else'? That's what I would be saying if I were the rogue in the group you described.

Or, you could do the whole thing solo... sneak in (I hope you have darkvision), grab the loot, and sneak out. That's how Indiana Jones would do it! Of course, something would go horribly wrong and he'd have to run like hell. Too bad you're a halfling ;-)

Ken

I endorse this message.

Either back out and regroup, getting more appropriate weaponry (fire and holy water are good) and backup ("we need a war party of clerics to see us through the necropolis! Who's with us?") or go the long way round.

Li Shenron

Legend
welby said:
So what's a rogue to do in this situation?

The same thing as a fighter encountering a monster with unbeatable DR, or a wizard against a creature immune to magic: let someone else take the spotlight and shine.

Remove ads