• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Roleplaying Incarnum?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Can you suppress the gear temporarily by casting anti magic effects on yourself?
Oh!!! Oh yes! Oh why can't I XP you?
polls_funny_pictures_racoon_yes_3511_964481_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Relevant portions from Magic of Incarnum p.52, under "Incarnum and Spells":
"Soulmeld–Magic Transparency: Spells, spell-like abilities, and magic items that could potentially affect soulmelds do affect soulmelds. When the rule about soulmeld–magic transparency is in effect, it has the following ramifications"...
"Dispel Magic and spells of that nature interact with a soulmeld as if the soulmeld were a magic item... If successful, the soulmeld’s magical properties are suppressed for 1d4 rounds."...
"Dead magic areas are also dead soulmeld areas. A character who enters a dead magic area with soulmelds active loses the benefit of those soulmelds while in the area, though they return as soon as he leaves."

An appropriately used Antimagic Field centered upon my PC may be exactly the solution I'm looking for. At 10 minutes/level, my PC should be able to get around when he has to. He'll either need a party member who can cast the spell, or a powerful magical item to make it happen, but that's doable at the higher levels.

At lower levels, perhaps creative bandaging/clothing.

Thanks for all the ideas, keep them coming!

EDIT: My Google-fu has pointed me to the Antimagic Torc in Underdark, p.73. Cast Antimagic Field 1/day as a caster level 11 for 25,000gp should be practical at mid to high levels, especially for a PC that won't be spending too much cash on magical items.

Last edited:

I appreciate the complement anyway xD

Although I must admit, I prefer Dandu's idea.

Plus your magic item will nerf enemy spell casters and just let your party members beat the crap out of him really easily... and as seen in another thread, nerf vampires too xD

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I appreciate the complement anyway xD

Although I must admit, I prefer Dandu's idea.

Plus your magic item will nerf enemy spell casters and just let your party members beat the crap out of him really easily... and as seen in another thread, nerf vampires too xD
As [MENTION=85158]Dandu[/MENTION] should already know, Totemist do not have Bluff as a class skill.

Antimagic would nerf my PC as well in combat. Such an item would serve this PC better as an out of combat tool, but sure, he could still grapple a Wizard pretty effectively if they were both deprived of thier class abilities.

Dandu

First Post
There are ways to get it as a class skill, though. If this would be a good idea or not is unfortunately left to how good a liar you are.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
There are ways to get it as a class skill, though. If this would be a good idea or not is unfortunately left to how good a liar you are.
Indeed there are. However the character build is designed towards the primary role of making things dead very quickly, and I'm looking for roleplaying options, instead of build mechanics, to try to address my situation here.

Which is unusual for me, I know, since much of my conversations and questions on these boards are usually mechanic-related.

Just a different problem to address this time, looking for different sorts of answers.

So far, "Wear clothing creatively" is the sort of roleplaying suggestion I was looking for, while "Equip an antimagic item" was an unexpected by applicable mechanical solution that I didn't know I was looking for, and didn't conflict the build.

I could present a bit more of the build, if it would be helpful.

Remove ads