Roleplaying Platform

David J Pinell

First Post
Hey all. I wanted to let other roleplayer's know about a great platform that many aren't aware of. That platform is called MUD's. (Multi user dungeon) These have been around since the 90's in the infancy of the internet. There are hundreds of MUD's out there of a variety of themes. Since 2001 I've played on one specific mud called Cities of Mdhoria. (mud.mdhoria.net) Cities of Mdhoria or CoM is a roleplaying required mud. That means that once you create your character you have to pretend to be that character. No out of character communication is allowed in "in character" channels. CoM is a fantasy mud with original races/classes and an original world. You can become a king, an assassin, whatever you want within the confines of the world.

The best way I could describe it is its like creating a book with other people. All the players play a part in creating a story and the direction the game moves in. Unfortunately, there aren't many new players. I'd love to see some new faces give the game a try. The learning curve is hard but anyone online will help you out and give you advice / tips. Once you get more familiar with the game its unlike anything you've ever experienced. I've had many characters over the years; I've ran thief guilds, countries, orders of knights, etc. Check out the website, and give it a try. I would recommend using a client called 'mush client' should you choose to play seriously. We have a facebook page, Cities of Mdhoria, feel free to connect to a lot of the veteran players there and we will help you get started and coordinate the best times to log in so you can roleplay with others, level together, or group up to fight monsters.

Cheers!

Remove ads