Roll20 VTT Enters Open Beta

Someone

Adventurer
I like whay I see. Other VTT tools overcomplicate matters by adding too much automation; this saves trivial amounts of time in actual play at the price of multipliying preparation time (which isn't good) and a steep learning curve.

I might try this one. I've checked other VTTs, but many of them cost money which I dont really want to risk - most games are USA based (which would mean playing at like 3 in the morning from here) and my spoken english isn't that good, which makes me reluctant to try.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Per MacRumors:

"Alongside OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, Apple has released the updated version of Safari to OS X Lion (10.7). It is available in OS X Lion's Software Update. According to Apple, the new Safari contains new features, including:

- Smart Search Field. Safari now has one field for typing both searches and web addresses.
- Offline Reading List. Safari saves entire webpages in your Reading List so you can catch up on your reading even when you don’t have an internet connection.
- Do Not Track. Safari can send the websites you visit a request not to track you online.
- Password pane. Manage your saved website logins with the new Password pane.
- Baidu. The leading Chinese search engine Baidu is now a built-in option for Chinese users.
For more information about Safari, please visit: About Safari 6 for OS X Lion

Safari 6 for OS X Lion also includes improvements to stability, compatibility, usability and security, including changes that:

- Make the swipe to navigate gesture work with PDFs.
- Restore the state of Reading List when Safari is launched.
- Fix an issue that affected full screen video in webpages that have positioned content.
- Restore the user's previous cookies after Private Browsing without requiring a Safari relaunch.

malcolypse

First Post
I just gave roll20 a quick inspection with a couple of friends and I think I'm hooked. I don't know how this wizardry works, but if it means that I can game with whomever I wish regardless of distance, I will back it 100%. I'm excited by the fact that I figured out lots of stuff just by fooling around while I talked to them, seeing what I, they, and roll20 could do. It was simple enough for me, and functional enough to cover almost any need I would have. As I play around with it more, I'm sure I'll come up with some suggestions, but at the moment I have nothing but high praises for this vtt.

Remove ads