Roman style campsites vs. vampires

Jabborwacky

First Post
I find it hard to believe a group of half a dozen adventurers could create a camp with an effective gate, trench, dirt wall and wooden fence "shortly before nightfall". Was magic used?

Cool link on Roman marching fortifications... http://thehistorymanatlarge.blogspot.com/2010/04/roman-army-fortified-camps.html

As for a vampire requiring an invite, would they need an invite to enter a gated town? I wouldn't think so. My understanding is the invite refers to a dwelling.

You can create the dirt trench using the mold earth spell fairly easily. Turf is placed on the outside of the dirt wall to make it slippery and hard to climb. By blasting limbs off of nearby dead trees and handing them off to the fighters, we would be able to create crude stakes to use for a fence. The dirt can be packed on the inside to provide a similarly crude walkway allowing view of the surroundings. You then leave an opening for the gate, which just needs to be held by a pair of sturdy wooden stakes (1.5 meters long, pointed on both ends).

But to clarify, the camp design is meant to keep out wild animals and other mundane threats that could come at us during the night. The whole vampire thing was just confusing me due to the language involving their home invasion weakness.

That's the strangest gaming thread title I've seen in at least a year. So, um, congratulations?

Sometimes, in the process of trying to find an appropriate name for a thread, magical things happen and you get thread titles like "romans vs vampires." It was just the most informative and short thread title I could come up with for the situation.

Last edited:

Remove ads