Romance of the River Kingdoms II

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ape throws another lightning ball, but his aim seems to be way off today, and he misses by miles. There is a thudding pf paws as Shakou, in her tiger form, comes charging round the corner where she ran to, and leaps at the rat spirit. It deftly swoops up and out of the way, leaving Shakou to sail through the air and land near Growling Ape.

[sblock=OOC]
Growling Ape - throw lightning 3+5=8 ranged touch, miss.

Shakou - pounce attack. Bite 10+3=13, miss. Claw#1 10+5=15, miss. Claw #2 12+5=17, miss. Claw#3 12+0=12, miss. Claw#4 11+0=11, miss!

Next up:

Annika
Mystal.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Annika bares her teeth...the spirit is fast and evasive, just like a rat. She's not even sure it's fully solid. But she had spiritual powers of her own to defeat this spirit.

She casts a spell, and sends a pair of ghostly feathers of flame at the ratty creature!

(Magic Missile, just to be sure. 2d4+2 damage)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The fiery feathers unnerringly find their target, and the rat-spirit shrieks as its essence vanishes into ethereal shreds. It would appear to have been destroyed.

"Yeah! Possess me, you talk to my friends!" says Shakou to its fading form.

From down the narrow tunnel comes the sound of breaking glass and general noisy destruction.

[sblock=OOC]
Annika - magic missile 2d4+2=7, just enough to destroy the Hate Spirit.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 15 (T15, FF13), HP 43/43, F +6,R+3,W+7 (Spells: 1:4/5, 2:4/4)
Ape Form (AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14)

Ape follows more cautiously...

[sblock=ooc]
move and total defense.

--------
Ape
Spells (CL: 4, DC: 13+spell level)
infinite/Day Level 0: Stabilize, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic
5/Day Level 1: Produce Lightning, Shillelagh, Lesser Vigor, Detect Spirits, Summon Nature's Ally I.
4/Day Level 2: Summon Nature's Ally II, Protection from Spirits, Ball Lightning

Baboon Traits:
AC: 18, Touch: 18, Flat Footed: 14
Fort: +7
Refl: +5
Will: +7
Move: 40', cimb 40'
Init: +4
Perception: +10
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The four of you enter the room at the end of the tunnel; there are no other obvious exits. The last pokan is smashin the alchemical equipment and so almost doesn't notice anyone enter. At the last moment it loks up, a vial in its twisted little fist.

[sblock=OOC]
Mystal gets initiative
Then the pokan
Then Annika
Ape
Shakou
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I know, I'm sorry. I'm on vacation and between painting the appartment, going to grandparents and preparing for beacg resort I'm a bit short on time.

Please NPC as needed.

Dr Simon

Explorer
As the four of you enter the room, the pokan lifts the flask it is holding to its lips and drinks. It turns and bares its black, pointed teeth in a grin, then begins to convulse. Black froth breaks out over its exposed skin as it begins to dissolve from the inside out. In seconds it is reduced to a puddle of frothing black goo on the floor.

"I am not touching that," mutters Shakou.

Before its suicide, the pokan managed to damage to laboratory quite thoroughly, but there are still some vials and boxes left undamaged.

[sblock=OOC]
All (known) members of the paper lantern gang are now dead or captured, and there don't seem to be any more pokan about. This chamber has no (visible) exits.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads