Rookie DM and crazy player char monster worries

Jurble

First Post
hmmm all sounds fair enough. i dont really wanna jump past my abilities straight off but i do like the RP possibilities this has for my campaign.

I was just thinking of a way which it could be done but im not sure how well it would work.

Basically i figured if i take the normal human race, just adding the ability to morph features (into a humanoid of similar build) then just treat the character normally in terms of class. They could take the Shifter PrC when elegible btu since there are only 10 levels of it would have to intersperse those levels with base classes?

I must say i am abit worried about shifter abilities but i figure especially if i limit how early he can start taking shifter levels (say to the equal of druid levels that would be required of a normal race to take the shifter PrC) i will have time to get used to the DMing before throwing in shifting.

anyway I agree that biting off more than i can chew early is a bad idea but i love the RP possibilities of this character and would love to find not-to-complex way ofmaking it work. Im going to have a look at the savage species book wheni get home and see if there is a way to take "levels" of doppleganger instead of this human/dopp hybrid (which seems abit boring)

Anyway thanks a ton for the help. What do you guys think of this possible solution?

arwink

Clockwork Golem
Depending on what it is about the doppleganger that appeals to him, it may be worth trying to search out the stats for Shifter race from Eberron (They're the descendents of doppleganger-human unions). It's got much the same style as the doppleganger without the ECL.

Remove ads