• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rose King's Shield / White Lotus Evasion

CrowneVict

First Post
Hey all - I tried to do some searches on these forums, but apparently you can't use the search function as a newbie =(

Anyhow, I'm relatively new to 4e, and am playing a Shadar-Kai Assault Swordmage / Assassin. The group needed a stealth type, and I figured the extra meat can't hurt. There seem to be a lot of people discouraging Assault builds, but leveling up to 12 in the CB starts to seem like it could get pretty interesting... Rose King's Shield, White Lotus Evasion, Repel Charge, and Shadowed Aegis have some nice synergy.

(+3 Longsword / Iron Armbands of Power (Paragon): +18 vs AC, 1d8+13 basic attacks)

Basically, use Booming Blade on a marked target to get a minor-action shift (Evasion), then a move action to step back 3+ squares. This would give +10 temp HP at the end of the turn (Rose King's Shield).

If the mark is adjacent to a teammate, it can move toward you granting AoO to the teammate(s), or it can shift and charge you (at which point you get an AoO with Repel Charge and soak 10 damage), OR it can hit a teammate (at which point you can Aegis in, attack, and become insubstantial from Shadowed Aegis.

It seems like a decent way to add a bit of striking capacity, while still having great insubstantial/temp hp damage soaking. Let me know what you think. Ghostblade Paragon probably... Eventual Perfect Slayer Epic Destiny.

Based on background, multi-class, and Ioun's Revalation @ level 12:
TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +18, History +18, Athletics +12, Thievery +15, Stealth +17

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +12, Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +14, Heal +9, Insight +9, Intimidate +8, Nature +9, Perception +9, Religion +13, Streetwise +8

Stats:
Str 9, Con 19, Dex 15, Int 21, Wis 13, Cha 11

Last edited:

Looks pretty fun. Maybe a little less interesting if your team mates don't press in around the badguy, because if he doesn't provoke OAs to attack you, you're not really accomplishing much.

Remove ads