Rotted Capes: The Superhero Zombie RPG just announced!

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello,

I've been considering running something like this since I read Ex-Heroes by Peter Clinesand its sequal.

You know, when I came up with the idea, I did some research and with the exception of the very successful Marvel Zombies comic books, I didn't see anything else. Then we made the announcement and a couple of people have brought up this book. I guess my Google-Fu isn't what it used to be. :)

I've ordered the book and will check it out, but hopefully Rotted Capes doesn't step on any toes beyond the basic premise.

I hope you are able to convince your group as everyone who's playtested has had a grand ol' time and I'm sure you will, as well!

Best,

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello Kevin,

Henry, are you still in NH? Now I want to sleaze into a demo game.

No, unfortunately not. I got my Law Degree and fled back to sunny South Florida! :)

However, we will be running two demos at Origins and Gen Con - a short introductory scenario, just to teach people the rules and a full blown adventure, designed for a 4 hour convention slot.

I'll see if I can find the blurbs I sent and post them here.

Best,

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello Kevin,

Can't wait to see it at GenCon. Holler if a preview goes up.

Will do. We had some problems with a comic book artist that we had commissioned to do a few pages of art for us - sort of a preview of a hypothetical Rotted Capes issue #1, but this "professional" failed to deliver more than pencil and inks of two pages and never bothered to finish the rest.

Needless to say, I canceled the contract and am searching for a new artist to do the work.

Funny - you'd think with all the artists that do comic book sequential art, it would be an easier task than Fantasy art for RPGs, but no - its been a nightmare!

Anyway, more as it becomes available.

Best,

PCIHenry

Explorer
Hello Crothian,

Just two? I hope I'm able to get into one of those, this games sounds really interesting.

No, no...I mean that there will be two distinct scenarios - one an introductory one which quickly teaches how the game works and takes around 45 minutes to an hour to play and a full blown adventure written to be played in a standard 4 hour convention slot.

But each will be run multiple times at both Origins and Gen Con. How many precisely, I'm not sure - you'll have to check the schedule.

Hope to see you there. I'll be running a few of these scenarios myself.

Best,

Crothian

First Post
I played it this afternoon and it was just okay. It uses a variation of the Arcanis rules which I think is a bit more complex then the game seems to need. The game didn't seem to do anything special that would make me want to use it verse just using one of the many other supers games already out and putting zombies in it.

Remove ads