• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rouge dipping into Scout

Jhyarelle

First Post
Does the Rouge's Sneak Attack ability stack with Complete Adventures' Scout's Skirmish ability?

Scout Skirmish adds 1d6 damage when they move at least 10 ft.

Why dip in Scout when it just the same as being a Rouge? Simple...skills. Though they have similar skill sets I rather have them still costing 1 point per skill rank. beside A Rouge 1/Scout 5 is equivalent to a 6th level Rouge. Now I just need to know if SA stacks with Skirmish.

Thanks

Dandu

First Post
You can deal both sneak attack and skirmish damage to a target, if the qualifications for both are met. Scout does not increase the Rogue's sneak attack damage, however, or vice versa.

Sneak Attack and Skirmish are entirely different abilities that just happen to both be precision damage dice of the 1d6 variety. If you qualify to do both then you do both.

Also, you might want to look at Swift Ambusher.

By the way, it's Rogue, not Rouge. Rouge is a kind of makeup (and the French word for red from where the makeup gets its name).

emoplato

First Post
Does the Rouge's Sneak Attack ability stack with Complete Adventures' Scout's Skirmish ability?

Scout Skirmish adds 1d6 damage when they move at least 10 ft.

Why dip in Scout when it just the same as being a Rouge? Simple...skills. Though they have similar skill sets I rather have them still costing 1 point per skill rank. beside A Rouge 1/Scout 5 is equivalent to a 6th level Rouge. Now I just need to know if SA stacks with Skirmish.

Thanks
As everyone here said they are different ways and sources to deal damage, so they stack if both conditions are met. Precision Damage is just a term to limit whether or not this damage is added, such as if the enemy has any miss chance or if they have fortifcation/non-discernable anatomy.

nijineko

Explorer
there is a feat in the phb2 that is calling your name. "telling blow". nice boost to both skirmish and sneak attack, if you score a crit.

Remove ads