• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Round-up! (June 11, 2005)

Xath

Moder-gator
Right, but while she might suspect that Wu is right, she probably still won't trust her until she has proof.

Xath said:
Right, but while she might suspect that Wu is right, she probably still won't trust her until she has proof.
Never said she should out-right trust her - inter-party conflict and strife that has yet to be worked out is fun. Wu has struggles of her own with her allegiances, but those are mostly things that make her a good servant and don't pull her away from forming a team. However; my point was - find a way to make the struggle fun while not stagnating the development of a fun team to play in.

My most recent revelation (meaning that I came up with it while thinking about myself, not directed at anyone else... but food for thought nonetheless) while talking with Kennon about Wu's character was - If we're actually going to have a cool, fun, cohesive group dynamic. The first few adventures need to be a running river, not a stale cistern. I need to be team minded from the get-go... and that means being willing to drop some character stuff that would significantly impede the team effort. e.g., I really wanted to to be really into Confucianism, but it was not good for the team. It still exists as a character quirk, but will be a significantly less substantial stumbling block to Wu's team development. My thought was: Kennon will provide us with enough stumbling blocks in game, don't need too many of them in my backstory. But - again - just my personal thought that I am going to act upon b/c I think it will make the game more fun...

And, I am having fun. :) Great game so far, guys.

cuteasaurus

First Post
Ok, here's how I see it. So far Ms. Christie has "saved" Fred a couple of times (or at least rendered her medical aid and taken her to the hospital). It isn't inconsistent (as far as Fred is concerned) that Jane would now try and help the Chinese girl avoid being forcibly taken away, especially since they said they'd blow out her kneecaps. I understand Fred's conflicted about her father, but I do think it's possible for her to keep ahold of her denial about her father and still think these men were "bad." She simply has to think that these men acted without her father's knowledge (whether or not that's true, remains to be seen). I don't think she has to whole-heartedly trust Wu, but it seems pretty obvious that these guys weren't in the right. So, if she needs to question anything, it seems to make more sense she'd wonder why these guys weren't on the ranch and who else they seem to be working for.

Remove ads