• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Royal Mail delivers 56 years late!

gray stranger

First Post
this reminds me of that one scene in back to the future, where the doc sends a letter to be delivered at the exact spot where the main character is transported to

that was a bit vague, I know :heh:

CarlZog

Explorer
Poor Gwen and George.

George never got her letter, and concluded that she wanted no more to do with him. He ended up marrying Priscilla. They had a good life, but there was a corner of his heart that remained forever reserved for Gwen and broken by the mystery of why she left him. Priscilla never knew the real reason for the persistent, underlying sadness that George suffered from throughout his life.

Not hearing a reply to her letter, Gwen went to Monty's at 2 p.m. anyway, and waited for George. When he didn't show, she was heartbroken. She had realized she truly loved him, and that the argument they'd had the week before was silly. She had so looked forward to their making up that weekend and beginning a new life together. Now, it was clear to her he wanted nothing more to do with her; she'd ruined everything. She married three times, but they all ended in divorce. She had no children.

Carl

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Dog Moon said:
Wow, that's impressive. Wonder how a letter gets lost for that long.

A lot of time it's because it falls under a machine or something. When the machine is replaced, or the place is renovated, lost mail turns up.

CarlZog

Explorer
Cheiromancer said:
A lot of time it's because it falls under a machine or something. When the machine is replaced, or the place is renovated, lost mail turns up.

I've got a couch that works kinda like that.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Cheiromancer said:

Machine lasts for 56 years? Pretty impressive machine, although since it's in a mail office, I probably wouldn't have much use for one. Would be cool if computers and TVs could last that long, though the computer would be UBER outdated by that point in time.

Sidekick

First Post
Well colour me unsurprised.

As a resident of the UK, let's just say that a 50 year wait does not surprise me when it comes ot the royal mail. - I've received letters inviting me to an interview, 2 weeks after the darn interview (next day delivery my arse)!

Their own brand of cr@ptastic'ness is something special to behold.

You have no idea how much stuff their staff lose and steal each month.

on the other hand, their monopoly is about to be broken, so they're going to be forced ot smarten up their act.
--

Wow I didn't realise how acidic that sounded, oh well I ain't bovvered :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads